• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

bonus and cutting hours, wierd. We are cut back to 38hrs a week so I get to leave at 3pm instead of 5pm on fridays..... bitter sweet

I got a raise last year...right after they tell us that we are going to have to take 2 weeks off unpaid.:blackeye:

The bonus was for last year. Trying to cut overhead this quarter i assume. Not overly concerned.

And the next and so on and so forth. You should be concerned.

I've been shutting off lights at work to save electicity. Kinda fun all the production people get kinda tweaked out when your in the lift unplugging lights left and right.

That is when you get creative, and make stuff.:crazy:

I found 2 snowblowers laying in a ditch not far from work sunday morning. So I grabbed them. I've been the garage the past 2 hours playing. one has spark and appears to have good compression. The other has no spark and good compression. Drinking beer and eating chili right now, about to watch the NHRA races on the DVR. I've adjusted to this nights stuff. Learning to live on about half the normal amount of sleep a person should get.

bonus and cutting hours, wierd.
Yeah, kinda sounds like my situation. Working 7days a week on a line and then being laid off for a week because the order we expected didn't come in and we didn't want to run inventory too high. The economy is going to get worse this year, but I believe it will get better next year. That what economic and market analysts are saying anyways. Oh, and Tony, 3rd shift isn't so bad. You could be on 2nd and have no life whatsoever...I chose 3rd over 2nd and would again in a heartbeat.

I'm not too numb to the world.....I catch myself in the mornings staring at MSNBC or CNN....fugging scary man. Can't really say its 3rd being a 12 hour shift. its just a long night, granted some nights I'm so busy I take no breaks at all. I ate lunch today just because I'm sick as hell and chili sounded good...time to sleep.

Back