• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Brake bracket for DIY 13" Cobra Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get those deposits in guys. I'd like to give the machine shop the order to start by monday. So far, I've got one deposit, and one promise for one this weekend.
Deposit will be sent this weekend and I'm picking up some '95 Cobra calipers Sat also. Thanks again for doing these.
-J

Hey guys, haven't forgotten about you ;) lol. I did get 3 deposits by the weekend, and still need to talk to the last two again.

At this point, the only reason I haven't kicked off the machine shop anyway is becuase I need to do a final verification for fitment with the set I have made already.

daaaamn! putting cobra R brakes on a contour?! that might cause the car to do a stoppie :crazy:

that sure is tempting.... im almost ready to get started on my contour again but i need to sell my terminator first. Mmmm....cobra Rs with a 3 liter turbo and 3 piece wheels..... :drool:

daaaamn! putting cobra R brakes on a contour?! that might cause the car to do a stoppie :crazy:

that sure is tempting.... im almost ready to get started on my contour again but i need to sell my terminator first. Mmmm....cobra Rs with a 3 liter turbo and 3 piece wheels..... :drool:

Selling your Anniversary Terminator makes me :cry:

The possibility of you making 2 or 3 piece wheels in 4 X 108 bolt pattern makes me :drool:

I've been meaning to ask you if you were thinking about offering wheels in the Contour/Focus bolt pattern. I could see why you wouldn't though... I almost believe that some people on here think 1000 bucks for a set of wheels is expensive :laugh:

Shannon

Selling your Anniversary Terminator makes me :cry:

The possibility of you making 2 or 3 piece wheels in 4 X 108 bolt pattern makes me :drool:

I've been meaning to ask you if you were thinking about offering wheels in the Contour/Focus bolt pattern. I could see why you wouldn't though... I almost believe that some people on here think 1000 bucks for a set of wheels is expensive :laugh:

Shannon

im making a set in 16" 4 lug for a datsun 240z right now. 16x8 at all four corners. some wealthy dude's track toy! im actually making the FIRST set of TF wheels for a contour right now. pics and details coming in a few weeks.....

yeah, i know ill miss the termee but i own it so for the cash i can get for it i can pay off some debt, fix up my tour and truck and put some $$ into my business. im looking at a replacement mustang already. possibly a fox, 98 cobra or an S197 mustang (love that body style!). we'll see.. :shrug:

did you get your new wheels yet? youre the first CEGer to have TF wheels on their car (albeit not a contour lol).

/thread hijack

btw, i have a friend who works at Hawaii Racing. i had no idea that they were such a major player for some of these performance parts. who is the person there you are running the GB through?

If I wasn't limited to 15 inch wheels, I would definitly want some of these. I work in a engineering shop that does custom fabrication and it wouldn't even be worth it for me to make somthing like this for myself when I could just buy it at the price mentioned. Good stuff.

im making a set in 16" 4 lug for a datsun 240z right now. 16x8 at all four corners. some wealthy dude's track toy! im actually making the FIRST set of TF wheels for a contour right now. pics and details coming in a few weeks.....

Yeah I'd say a custom, one off set of four lug wheels for a Datsun wouldn't be cheap, good thing this guy's got some money then ;) I can't wait to see what you've got coming for the Contour now from TF... I bet it's gonna be sick :laugh: Does this mean you'll offer them to the public or is this another "one off" deal? Not that I'd be able to afford another set... I'd still like the opportunity if in case I hit the lottery one day :cool:

did you get your new wheels yet? youre the first CEGer to have TF wheels on their car (albeit not a contour lol).

I haven't gotten them yet... I told JC that he could keep them for now until you finish up his new set. My car isn't running yet so I don't have to have them right now so I was fine with him keeping them for the time being. I'll post some pics up here when I get them on... hopefully I won't get attacked by the "Mustang haters" on here :laugh:

pics of said terminator or ban!

I can post pics of mine if that will work... mine's just like his except his wheels are a lot nicer :cool: I just have a set of "me too's" on my ride for the time being ;)

/thread hijack

Sorry for the hijack Rara... good of you putting this together for the guys here ;)

Shannon

It's not that bad. If you choose the right pad, 278mm rotors are quite sufficient. I have scoarched them to a very unusable point in the past however.

Just a heads up guys, a bit of a delay in getting this going. I have to head out tomorrow for a work trip, and won't be back until later in the week. So, if anyone still wants in, the door hasn't closed yet.

Im in, as long as they work with the baer 2-piece rotors!

1. biminiLX
2. Homer J. Simpson
3. Eric Cartman
4. dpa43
5. wondo
6. ArtSvt

Current status: My machinist is off crewing for a race this weekend (he's part of the same team I'm normally with, but taking a season off from :( ) so, I will be kicking him off on monday to start making brackets. Early next week I should have a good schedule of when the brackets will be ready to send out. I may be able to deliver them to people at SZ if the timing works out as well.

Another quick update.
I was able to do a final test fit last night, and everything fits great, the only new thing was there will be a little bit of grinding on the knuckle required. Nothing major, mostly just grinding off the parting line from casting in one area.

We also discovered that with some creativity, it MIGHT be possible to fit the cobra brakes under an E1 wheel. :D I wouldn't recommend the necessary mods to the calipers for anyone that would run them on the track, but for street use, it would probably be just fine. I'll give people some advice on how to do it later.

Right now, I'm waiting on one return call from a friend so I can confirm the final quantity, and then I will kick off the machinist.

Oh yeah, I'm also looking into having these anodized as well, just to make them look a bit nicer. Nothing firm yet, but I'll probably have them done in black if I can get it done and not affect the final price.

And, someone had asked if these will be regularly available, and I'm going to say no. These will only be available in batches of at least five sets, and if there isn't enough interest after this one, I won't be running them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back