• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Brake bracket for DIY 13" Cobra Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
just sent some pics to you David.

And I've sent PMs with totals due to everyone but biminiLX :D but I'll send him one too shortly.

Here is the pics!! They look good. (Spice Rack is kinda LAME)

standard.jpg

Link to fulllsize pic
http://www.fototime.com/{5C9357F9-DAE4-48C5-879F-6E0071BC4437}/origpict/IMG_1182[2].JPG

standard.jpg

link to fullsize pic

http://www.fototime.com/{DBC6BFEA-61CF-4C66-A6BB-B5EDF0FD0EEC}/origpict/IMG_1184[1].JPG

I'll have my money sent by later today or early tomorrow!

C'mon, I had to move that crappy spice rack all the way across the counter to get a dig in at Pole :D

About time! :D

Hey now, since when did you have anything to do with these? lol.

Anyway, I've received full payment from two people so far, and provided I get a chance to make copies of the rotor template today, I'll be shipping those out by tomorrow.

Ok, everything is boxed up and ready to go out via USPS tomorrow. I'm waiting on one payment, and for one echeck to clear . . . those I'll hold, but the rest will go.

Also, FYI, I included 2 copies of the rotor drilling template in each box.

Oh yeah, all but two sets went out yesterday, and those two are being picked up locally this week. So, keep your eyes on the mailbox.

Again, I no longer have a car to put these on, but if someone wants to drop by my house with all thier stuff, we can put together a How-to for the install. Some of you guys might have a hard time sorting out which side is which, and where on the knuckle you have to clearance, etc . . . You guys should realize this won't be a simple plug and play, because thre are differences between versions of the cobra calipers and rotors, etc. So be sure to take your time and get it right. If anyone runs into any trouble though, don't hesitate to get some pics of what you're doing and send them to me and I'll do my best to guide you through it.

I suggest someone hoping on the offer of install, so we can get a how to going. :cool:

I know someone had some calipers coated by Blu_Fuz so im thinking someone is getting ready.

Got my set today, very nice quality. Now I need to get off my lazy butt and get the rest of the parts.

Got mine Friday, very nice. Now I have to figure out the rest.

I have been researching and I found out to run the Brembo Cobra R kit, you have to have a 17" wheel (we Knew) and 50mm clearance on the back of the spokes.

Here's a few pics:
P1010023-2.jpg

P1010024-2.jpg

Now I need the hardware for mounting, to rebuild and powdercoat the calipers silver and order some SS brake lines and then I'll be ready.
Probably going with the NPG rear kit also.
Thanks again Brian these are very nice and well made.
I'm thinking of installing these either this fall or next spring and will definitely take pics.
-J

Here's a few pics:
P1010023-2.jpg

P1010024-2.jpg

Now I need the hardware for mounting, to rebuild and powdercoat the calipers silver and order some SS brake lines and then I'll be ready.
Probably going with the NPG rear kit also.
Thanks again Brian these are very nice and well made.
I'm thinking of installing these either this fall or next spring and will definitely take pics.
-J

So what rotors did you go with for your set up?

Those are Baer slotted/drilled/zinc washed rotors from a Contour kit, got them here from a guy who upgraded to the 2-piece. I have the centering rings too.
-J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back