• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

purchasing sho shop y pipes?

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
just wondering if you can still buy sho shop y pipes for the csvt off their site somehow? ive emailed them but recieved no reply, anyone know?

and the people who own it now are not related to the former people. they more or less bought the naming rights.

and yes its been a number of years.

they were trying to get interest into some 'stage 1' cam for us about a year ago. thats the only thing I've heard from them in quite some time.

pm 99mystiqueatx. andy and craig make a really nicely down optimized ypipe. one of the best i've seen:shrug: for a fraction of a bat ypipe. even if you bought a resonated test pipe from trubenz to get rid of your car it would still come out cheaper.

Who, me? Nah...

optdy1-1.jpg

That's the one I just bolted up to the car... :D

You did a realy goood job there man!!1

I'm about to opt mine just for fun/practice.

Any recomendations before i start?

if you are installing headers, why dont you just use the headers y-pipe. Then you will have equal length runners all the way to the end of the Y. That will optimize scavenging. Having any other type of aftermarket Y pipe or even an optimized factory one is going to reduce the effectiveness of your headers.

just wondering if you can still buy sho shop y pipes for the csvt off their site somehow? ive emailed them but recieved no reply, anyone know?

How have you been here since 2005 and still have no damn clue?!

have you read any threads other than your ownin your tenure here? We know you read your own since you don't listen to our advice.....

Back