• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go out and take some pictures! (CEG 2008 Calendar Reminder)

An exception to that rule IMO is if they enlist the help of someone else with a better camera and better photog skills.
For example, when mikey snaps shots of NVMYSVT's car, she should be able to submit those photos.

I agree... I certainly dont own a camera like M!key does -- Here is a teaser of my HDR Session last night. Also I can confirm that he didnt do very much to this picture as he had it posted in record time for me to view by the time I got home.

picture.JPG

i think he means something like brapples pics from the '06 calender...where it was just three different pictures that made up one big picture
That wasn't created by Brapple .. whoever designed the calendar did it. I don't know if a collage submission would be allowed.

That wasn't created by Brapple .. whoever designed the calendar did it. I don't know if a collage submission would be allowed.

oh i know it wasnt brapple who did it, i was just saying refer to his month, im not sure what the regulations would be on a members own colage entry

tips? comments? criticism? i know i probably need better lighting. im still learning to get more out of my camera. the resolution is massive so they can be cropped to hell

img0217hs8.jpg

img0287op1.jpg

img0293kz1.jpg

two more...

img0218uw2.jpg

img0224wu9.jpg

Last edited:
i like the 2nd/third ones a lot, just needed a little more light, the forth has mailboxes in the shot...kinda pulls away from it a bit and the last one would be good if it was a little closer to the car and are you headlights foggy or is it just the pic? if so id cleam em up because the car looks suuuuuuuuper clean!

I have some body work to do before I can take any pics of my ride for this year's calendar. Remind me to tackle and beat senseless the next drunk broad that decides to turn my hood into a trampoline. :nonono:

I really really like Mikeys shots. If only you could hit some of the spots around Buffalo and Niagara Falls man! I've always wanted to tinker with HDR - looks like I'll be diving into it if I want to keep up! :cool:

suggestion

suggestion

i have a suggestion for the '08 calender...

ive got two '07 calenders hanging in my house...the kitchen and the game room (the two most frequented parts :)) and everyone always pulls the calenders off the wall to flip through them...and everyone always asks hey where is this car from, where was this pic taken...

if you look at most professional car calenders they usually have a bit of info on the pic in one of the corners like this

EXAMPLE
2000 Contour SVT
T-Red/Tan #344 of 2150
"Downtown"
Portland, OR

anyone else think this would at something positive to the calender?

p.s. there are a ton of bada$$ pictures being taken this year from what ive seen!! keep up the good photography

i have a suggestion for the '08 calender...

ive got two '07 calenders hanging in my house...the kitchen and the game room (the two most frequented parts :)) and everyone always pulls the calenders off the wall to flip through them...and everyone always asks hey where is this car from, where was this pic taken...

if you look at most professional car calenders they usually have a bit of info on the pic in one of the corners like this

EXAMPLE
2000 Contour SVT
T-Red/Tan #344 of 2150
"Downtown"
Portland, OR

anyone else think this would at something positive to the calender?

p.s. there are a ton of bada$$ pictures being taken this year from what ive seen!! keep up the good photography

that sounds like a great idea. imo

x2

ftmflten

No this shouldn't be a submission thread... this started out as a simple reminder to take pictures, which evolved in to questions about rules, and somehow or another pictures started popping up.

Back