• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go out and take some pictures! (CEG 2008 Calendar Reminder)

As was the rule last year. Any PHYSICAL CHANGE to the photo, be it a rouge sign, a small ding, or a color match being changed would be a disqualification. Only actions like contrast, brightness, and levels should be used. Though, theorhetically, you should (if taking a good picture) have 99% of that done correctly WHEN you snap the photo.

agree 100%

as long as we are on the subject of judges....if there are any possible spots open, id be willing to be a judge

As was the rule last year. Any PHYSICAL CHANGE to the photo, be it a rouge sign, a small ding, or a color match being changed would be a disqualification. Only actions like contrast, brightness, and levels should be used. Though, theorhetically, you should (if taking a good picture) have 99% of that done correctly WHEN you snap the photo.

just to make sure i understand...hdr is not allowed?

You must have missed what I said....

HDR pics should be in....

I need to get M!key to take pics of my car... ill be making a hike out there sometime!

oh alright im with you now, you were just tossing your opinion out there, i agree that hdr pics look sweet but makes for an unfair calender and do you really want to see 12 months of cars that are cool because someone is good with a computer? thats just my opinon again though

oh alright im with you now, you were just tossing your opinion out there, i agree that hdr pics look sweet but makes for an unfair calender and do you really want to see 12 months of cars that are cool because someone is good with a computer? thats just my opinon again though
I think you're missing the point of the HDR software...

Anyone taking an HDR picture uses the software still has to compose an excellent picture. They dont even have to mess with it in photoshop, the software just compiles all the different images

I think you're missing the point of the HDR software...

Anyone taking an HDR picture uses the software still has to compose an excellent picture. They dont even have to mess with it in photoshop, the software just compiles all the different images

ive seen HDR pics before and yes the car may remain the same, but the background gets "enhanced" which has been against the rules and i dont see why the rules should be changed when someone can not put any thought into the background shot then just make it look cool on a computer, i think its great to see sights from around the country/canada/UK when people post up legitimate and original shots

read up on the process a bit. you still have to take an excellent picture. the HDR does nothing for the composition or the background of the original photo. here is the first HDR i did...
picture.JPG

you can still have HDRs that look like crap if the original picture is a poor composition. the only thing that has been done to the original picture in photoshop is the application of curves and saturation. no physical alterations to the car or background at all.

I don't see the harm in allowing some car "repair" to take place in photoshop. Such as paint chips. Seeing as this year should have more submissions, its going to take a good photo to get in. And if a slight ding or chip is going to rule out an otherwise good photo, then I say it should be allowed to be touched up.

After checking, I see that at least 4 of last years winners did something with photoshop in their submissions. It saves it in the file tag. Now, that could be simply a brightness/contrast change or even a conversion from a RAW file to a jpg... who knows.

All of that being said, I am not in objection to doing it just like last year. I'm just throwing ideas on the table.

As for judges/judging... nothing is being decided yet so don't ask. This thread is just to remind everyone to take pictures with the calendar in mind.

ive seen HDR pics before and yes the car may remain the same, but the background gets "enhanced" which has been against the rules and i dont see why the rules should be changed when someone can not put any thought into the background shot then just make it look cool on a computer, i think its great to see sights from around the country/canada/UK when people post up legitimate and original shots

Enhancing the background? kind of like enhancing the rest of the pictures by changing the contrast etc?

Honestly, who cares if they all end up being HDR pictures? Id rather have 12 months of HDR tastefully modified contours than a bunch of pictures taken with 2 MP camera.

Enhancing the background? kind of like enhancing the rest of the pictures by changing the contrast etc?

Honestly, who cares if they all end up being HDR pictures? Id rather have 12 months of HDR tastefully modified contours than a bunch of pictures taken with 2 MP camera.

wait til ya see some of my pics...if i get around to it. Triumph is gunna want the pics i took for their ads, i'm copyrighting that ****!

well i think you are pushing the limit here haha 2mp wont cut it, but i still think it makes for an unfair competition, thats all im saying, that pic m!key posted up is sick though

An exception to that rule IMO is if they enlist the help of someone else with a better camera and better photog skills.
For example, when mikey snaps shots of NVMYSVT's car, she should be able to submit those photos.

Back