• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need some advice.. (Michigan Law)

Back in the day I knew a guy with a stock 95' Zetec MTX tour that ran a 15.7

He had the time slip too. I couldn't believe it.

Whoa... look out. And he kept the timeslip too... the only way I'd keep a timeslip from a 15.7 1/4 mile is if I ran it on foot.

I buy and sell cars all the time. Only lost money on 1 of them :)

ussually i make at a min 1k. If/when i sell this SVT ill make about 4 grand on it

I buy and sell cars all the time. Only lost money on 1 of them :)

ussually i make at a min 1k. If/when i sell this SVT ill make about 4 grand on it

exactly, I would make $2K+ on the purchase of this car, the extra money would go towards school or a couple of mods maybe. Maybe some wheels (because I deathly hate hubcaps).

How? you seriously think someone is gonna buy a zetec contour for over 2500 or what?

1. Bite the bullet and pay the ticket.
2. Cross your fingers and hope your insurance company is like mine, and they only check your record, once every 3 years.
3. Learn your lesson, and quit speeding. You're in college, do some calculations to figure out how much time you ACTUALLY save by speeding.
4. The judge is going to laugh when he has your entire record in front of him, when you go in there to contest this ticket. Would you believe a guy that got busted for the 3rd time on cocaine possession, that he didn't really have cocaine on him the 3rd time he was arrested? :help:

Mark

I couldn't agree with Mark anymore on this, just bite the bullet Jared and do another Subway commercial:laugh: As far as you getting a zetec powered Contour w/5spd, go for it. You are a real enthusist of the Contour and if you like the zetec and it was good to you, get it. I don't know how easy it is going to be to find your ride, but do your homework, find the right one and keep it up.

Ohh ya good luck there.

$12 bucks

You would have no problem selling a Corolla or a Civic right now. They are flying off dealer lots everywhere new and used, and they're getting good money for them. My local dealer is giving people 10-11k for 2 year old Corollas with 30k that stickered for 16k new and selling them for 12 to 14k, and people are buying them.

Show me a Focus that you could buy new for 16k, put 30k on it 2 years and get 11k for on trade in.

Show me someone who cares about a carolla!!!!!!

People who drive 50 miles one way to work and have to have a dependable comfortable car that gets them to work and back every day while getting 38 mpg going 70 on a freeway would definitely care for a Corolla. So would people who buy a car and actually want to be able to get some money out of it when they trade it in.

People who drive SVT Contours may hate cars like the Corolla, and that is fine. A Corolla is the antithesis of the SVT, and so I wouldn't expect you to like it.

I personally think the Corolla is a fine transportation appliance. (notice I didn't say car) I drive a 2005 LE with every option except leather. It is a nice little appliance, much nicer than any Focus I've ever driven (I had a lot of Foci as loaners for my 99 SE Sport Duratec CD4E, including one ZX4 sedan with 2 miles on it.) That ZX4 may have had leather/sunroof, etc. However, it still didn't have features like an automatic dimming rearview mirror, automatic headlights, tire pressure monitoring or outside temperature gauge, I have all these things on my Corolla. To boot my Corolla's assembly is nearly flawless. Mine was built at NUMMI (California) and I only have 1 minor rattle from the sunroof cover, and that is only when it is 1/2 open. The Focus, built in Mexico is a rattle trap.

Believe it or not, when people are shopping for a economy car that they are going to drive 50 miles one way each day to work, they want an appliance that gets good fuel economy, doesn't rattle, and has features they want. They also want an appliance that has a decent resale value.

If people like me wanted a car, we'd buy a Mustang, a Mazda or a used BMW.

If i wanted to drive a corolla it would go in my drive way and do it. Personally don't care why you drive a corolla, i just stated who cares about a corolla. Didn't have to post your reasoning behind driving that jalopy.

Back