• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need info

Dragon354

CEG'er
I am going to do a turbo on my car and was wandering if any body had some sugestions for injectors and plugs as well as where to get them.

Really depends on your power goals for the size injectors you want. What are your power goals?

Im running the NGK TR55IX. You could get some Denso iridiums as well.

I will stop at about 400-450.

you say that as if you could CHOOSE to do more...

Isn't the highest dyno'd at like 402 whp...or am I thinking of something else? Regardless, it's one of the highest.

Don't forget to do all tranny mods first (LSD).

And have fun with no traction...but Good Luck!

Didn't you just post about doing a 3L swap? Are you doing that or are you going turbo, or do you plan on doing both?

I have been turbo for a while now. I have been built 3L and turbo for quite some time as well.

On my small turbo at only about 10-11 lbs I put down 336. I now have a turbo good to flow about 600hp....which I don't plan on doing, but it is there.

I have having my O2 sensor bung welded on my downpipe this week, and then I need to put it on and finish the tune...by way of Warmonger.

I also had some little thing I was going to do...although I think I am about ready to sell it. We just had our 2nd kid...and I work 60-70hrs a week. I just don't have time to enjoy it. I haven't driven it since oct because I have had barely anytime to work on it and swap the turbo, plus my extra time I rather spend with my family.

I want to build my car unless you want to trade with some cash. I want about 400-450 crank horse power. If my budy can build a 500 hp civic that is hid dd then I can do my goal in hp. I am aslo undesided on the swap.

good luck...everyone will tell you to buy one already done especially since a civic is WAY different than a contour.

It is not cheap!!!! There have been so many that started and never finished the project...

No I am selling outright.

I want to build my car unless you want to trade with some cash. I want about 400-450 crank horse power. If my budy can build a 500 hp civic that is hid dd then I can do my goal in hp. I am aslo undesided on the swap.

Go with 42lb injectors.

Btw, myself and many others can vouch that with that much hp, youll get traction in 4th gear and 5th gear only with that much power. Thats what sets apart a civic and a contour. Civic runs 11s-12s with that much power. Contours run 13-14s lol.

I have been turbo for a while now. I have been built 3L and turbo for quite some time as well.

On my small turbo at only about 10-11 lbs I put down 336. I now have a turbo good to flow about 600hp....which I don't plan on doing, but it is there.

I have having my O2 sensor bung welded on my downpipe this week, and then I need to put it on and finish the tune...by way of Warmonger.

I also had some little thing I was going to do...although I think I am about ready to sell it. We just had our 2nd kid...and I work 60-70hrs a week. I just don't have time to enjoy it. I haven't driven it since oct because I have had barely anytime to work on it and swap the turbo, plus my extra time I rather spend with my family.

No I meant Dragon354, but it's cool my question is answered.

Well I am going to try.
Put it down

cocaine.jpg

yeah someone should inform this fella' that the fastest current 1/4 mile time for a contour is from a N/A engine with drag radials. keep in mind people that these civics running 11's and 12's with that much power are also using slicks and even wheelie bars (i guess its called a traction bar at that point) and they break stuff as often or more often than us, and theres more stuff availible to them. if you could keep the axles on our cars, and get the suspension dialed in (gas shocks w/ external reservoirs with clickers, that probably do not exsist for these cars) and put slicks on it....we could do the same times or faster. every time i race a honda i get weary because of traction, even with my measly 268HP traction was an issue..... it seemed faster on a 50 shot with hook than a 100 shot darting all over the road....

yeah someone should inform this fella' that the fastest current 1/4 mile time for a contour is from a N/A engine with drag radials.

actually demon has only ran a 13.4. The fastest is a 13.2 which burrita ran with this turbo and another guy with a cougar ran a 13.2 on the bottle.

TRicker;93687.... if you could keep the axles on our cars said:
Yes they do exist. Leda Suspension in the UK makes a full suspension system for the Mondeo and it will work for the contour. Struts with external adjusters, springs, etc. Costs big $$ so it is not for the faint at heart.
I used to have Leda springs...they were stiff and low.

oh my bad. 13.2 then for burrita. i still think he needs to try slicks. this year i'm definately going to try the drag radials. i dont know what ones to buy yet. as for the suspension, thats pretty sick! im sure i cant afford it but it'd be such a nice investment. someday i'll get good suspension....

Back