• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet in VT 10/13/07

So where exactly off of exit 10 in Waterbury will we be meeting?
Is there a Park and Ride there or something like that?

So where exactly off of exit 10 in Waterbury will we be meeting?
Is there a Park and Ride there or something like that?

Take a right off of the exit (100N), travel 0.3 mi and take a right at the 2nd light (into the Shaw's parking lot). We can meet in the back rows of the parking lot. Ben&Jerry's is 0.5 mi up the road from there. I'll type up directions and distribute at Shaw's.

Cool.
For those of you wanting to map-software the meet up spot:

Shaw's Supermarkets
820 Waterbury Stowe Road
Waterbury, VT 05676

Forecast for next Saturday: 49 DegF w/ chance of showers in the valley, wet snow flakes in the mntns!!!!:cry:

Got snow tires??

Lets hope the forecast changes like it usually does. I'm hoping for 55 DegF and partly cloudy. There's nothing like a cool day for the 2.5L Duratec!:cool:

Ran "the gap" with Laura this weekend in 60 something weather. To make things interesting, it had rained earlier, though the weather was clear when I went through. Gotta mind the understeer, especially on right turns, lest you end up in someone else's lane. ;)

Also went through the pass between Smuggler's Notch and Stowe. Apparently, a tractor-trailer attempted that one a few weeks ago (disregarding the signs that specifically preclude that type of vehicle) and got hung up on the rocks, spilling diesel fuel and creating a kind of petroleum fun park in the process.

I'd join you guy's next week -- it will be a lot of fun with a gaggle of CDW27s -- but I've got a gig here in Mass that I can't miss. I was up in Vermont this past weekend at the invitation of a friend of mine who's got an E36 M3, and had gone up for the Bimmer meet, a shindig they call Oktoberfast. Just happened to be about the same time as our Contour meet, so thought I'd share. Have fun next week. :cool:

Last edited:
Here's hoping for little precipitation! As todras mentioned in another thread, I didn't exactly buy all-weather tires.

OK, looks like 10 confirmed participants. I'm going to make the reservations today. I'm thinking 11:00 for Ben & Jerry's (meet in Waterbury 10-10:30, look over the cars, and head up to the plant). Dinner reservations at 5:00 in Burlington (that leaves us 3-ish hours for fun driving/picture taking/hanging out).

For lunch, I mentioned I would purchase stuff for a picnic-style lunch. I'm planning on getting meat from the deli, which will included ham, turkey, and chicken. Does anybody have any special requests? I'll also buy some chips and soda. We can just divide the bill by # of participants and I'll collect at lunch time.

Again, we'll meet sometime between 10 & 10:30 at the Shaw's Supermarket in Waterbury. To get there, take I-89 to exit 10. Take a right off of the exit and turn right at the 2nd light (into Shaw's parking lot).

nanner.gif

Maple leaves? Wouldn't that make it more of like a wrap than a sandwich? :p

And on a side note, my exhaust is finally getting fixed for GOOD this thursday, so it'll be leak free on Saturday, woo! Stupid flange gasket busted a hole :).

Last edited:
I know I'm a little late.....

I would go, but the CCSU Fall Show is the same day. As much as I'd love to go, the distance is making me lean towards CCSU.

I could give her some mayo that she would love!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How conicidental, in fact, that the recipe you have in mind is called love mayonnaise. What a pig. :laugh:

Back