• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet in VT 10/13/07

After running Laura through the gap last week, I was thinking about doing it with the Lincoln -- it would have to be dry, though. It would be an involving drive. :cool: Truly, the Lincoln would be very suited to nearby roads like VT 25 and NH 25A, where the curves are a bit faster and the smooth, quiet thrust of the V8 proves addictive.

Most recent forecast: showers ending around 10PM Friday and then partly cloudy until 1PM Saturday, when scattered showers return. Doesn't look that bad...

does it maybe become a beater meet? well at least then zorrex wouldn't be the only zetec, but I would still be faster :laugh:

Don't get too excited :). Greg and I were talking about a nice custom CAI. Tucked into the fender with a vent from the fog light hole in the bumper ;). Maybe I could give you a run-for-the-money, except for my little ATX problem...

Don't get too excited :). Greg and I were talking about a nice custom CAI. Tucked into the fender with a vent from the fog light hole in the bumper ;). Maybe I could give you a run-for-the-money, except for my little ATX problem...

could be, I do have double the miles on mine, but it still runs well ... so when are you getting that put in, today?

for anyone in the CT area or near Springfield zorrex and I are meeting at Friendlies off exit 49 at 6:45 am tomorrow morning to get up to the meeting spot for alittle after ten.

could be, I do have double the miles on mine, but it still runs well ... so when are you getting that put in, today?

Hahah no. You still have me beat for now. The only thing I'll be sporting on Saturday is a very mildly leaking SVT cat-back, haha. Currently it isn't noticeable. I picked up a metal flange gasket and Greg shaved down the flanges and installed, but it's still leaking...AND there's a tiny pinhole leak in the 2" to 2.25" weld. These will be fixed soon enough, however...I just hope with all the driving I'm doing in the next 24 hours that the hole isn't huge and all you guys laugh at me again :(.

I laugh at you every time you post. I don't need to hear your exhaust leak.
;) :laugh:

kidding! don't cry!

OH MY GOD! Seriously the first thing I do when you drive into the Shaw's parking lot is jump on your car, wait for you to get out and scream at me for ruining your paint job then punch you so hard that you will forget you even exist. Except not. :laugh:

Except not.

Yeah, keep it that way because Mike would turn into this if you pulled that move:
549new_storyimage3407453_full.jpg

Haha DUH. Can't top the hulk, cuz I'm too lazy to find a pic of him getting owned. But regardless, the worst I'd do is drool on the car :drool::drool::drool: haha! I'm sure your last round of washing included a nice coat of drool-protection, right? ;)

I'm going to the store tonite to get stuff for lunch. I think it would be easier if everybody just brings their own drinks. It's hard to please everyone in a crowd:laugh:

since we are meeting at Shaws might it not be easier that we all go into Shaws and just get ready made food that we want, just and idea ...

since we are meeting at Shaws might it not be easier that we all go into Shaws and just get ready made food that we want, just and idea ...

That certainly makes it a lot easier for me...

The only issue w/ this is that we have to have our tickets in hand by 11:05, so if somebody is a little late, they will either have to rush into the store, or they could go after our tour.

What's everyone's consensus?

Food sounds good. I don't really care how I get it. :) Whatever is easiest for you ... the premade sandwiches at Shaws will work well.

pit stop at Shaw's for food is fine with us. If we're late, then a trip there after the tour instead of before is doable.

Majority rules: Everyone will fend for themselves!!!!

PS
It's still raining here:cry:

Sunny and clear here in northeastern Mass, with a stout weather report for the rest of the weekend. Perhaps that's a good sign for you guys up north. Thought I'd share some optimism. :cool:

It turned out to be a pretty good day. Sun most of the morning and early afternoon. Turned cloudy after lunch, and during our cruise there were spots of rain, but not too shabby.
Mike and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks Mike for putting this all together. Great job!

It was nice to see you all again.
I'll try to get pics up soon (trying to watch the Sox game!)

Back