• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fall Meet in VT 10/13/07

Dr. Cross

CEG'er
As was discussed some time ago, there was some interest in having this year's Fall meet in VT. It looks like the best w/n for the meet will be 10/13 - 10/14 (if anybody feels like spending the nite in VT).

Here's what I have in mind so far:

Meet off of exit 10 on I-89 (Waterbury exit, about 2 hours from Concord, NH) around 10:30-11:00.

Head up the road to Ben & Jerry's for the factory tour (takes about an hour w/ ice cream eating and what not).

Have a picnic style lunch (sandwiches, chips, cookies, drinks-I'll take a collection and buy everything) either on the B&J campus or at a park in Waterbury. This would also be a nice time for pics.

Next, make our way to the hilite of the trip: a run (or multiple runs if that's the consensus) up and down the Appalachian Gap. Picture and video opportunities abound!

After that fun, head up to Burlington on the Church Street Marketplace. We can either park in a down town garage, try to park on the Waterfront, or park at the University of Vermont and hit the shuttle/walk to dinner (less than 15 minute walk).

This should put us at 18:00 or so. If people want to leave after that, I-89 is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Church Street.

Those that wish to stay (you'll need to book a room soon due to Leaf-peeper season, I'll get some quotes if people wish), we can cruise up along the lake some, or you can just hang out downtown.

How does that sound?

Any comments welcome!

I might be up for that...
i will just have to check my calender at home to make sure we don't have anything planned for then.

Sounds awesome to me!
Our house is open to anyone that wants to do a halfway overnighter both the Friday night before and Saturday night on your way home.

sounds good to me also, Kim might take you up on the staying over night

hmm, 3 hours from Enfield or about 2 from Manchester, have to think about that one

Last edited:
hmm ive got some friends in vermont ive been meaning to see, i'll have to see how close they are too. maybe i could swing up for the meet and stay at their place..

0o0....we had a sweet meet once up in vermont somewhere. we stayed at pete tampas' house. I dunno what part of VT that was but we took a ferry from NY to there.

it was a great time

That weekend or the next weekend are perfect. Now I have a deadline to get the SVT registered!

That weekend or the next weekend are perfect. Now I have a deadline to get the SVT registered!

do it, I got my plates already :p

but seriously, the wait took longer the the processing of the paper work. and the wait wasn't that long either :crazy:

0o0....we had a sweet meet once up in vermont somewhere. we stayed at pete tampas' house. I dunno what part of VT that was but we took a ferry from NY to there.

it was a great time

Pete lives just north of Burlington, in Colchester VT. Last I hear he had purchased a Mazda 6 the first year they were introduced. Ferry rides are also an option, but the rates have gone up to about $20/car + passenger!

I took some video of a recent trip through the App Gap, I'll try to post it somewhere and link it.

yeah, i know about the mazda...i jsut haven't heard anything from him...i dunno if he visits the site anymore. the only reason we took the ferry was because we were going to pete's from micah's house in plattsburg NY. I guess it was faster. I dunno...i'm a follower, not a leader lol

do it, I got my plates already :p
but seriously, the wait took longer the the processing of the paper work. and the wait wasn't that long either :crazy:
It's a long story, but basically I'm waiting for documentation to come in the mail for my Maxima, and don't want to drive to city hall and the DMV twice. (only open M-F 8-5, and it's 30 min drive from my work)
I'll register both cars at the same time.

my family has a summer house on a lake in Salisbury, VT...how close are you to there, im definately interested, if its near by i can just crash there and meet up with you guys

It's a long story, but basically I'm waiting for documentation to come in the mail for my Maxima, and don't want to drive to city hall and the DMV twice. (only open M-F 8-5, and it's 30 min drive from my work)
I'll register both cars at the same time.

yeah I remember you saying that, makes sense to do it at one time

my family has a summer house on a lake in Salisbury, VT...how close are you to there, im definately interested, if its near by i can just crash there and meet up with you guys

I believe Lake Salisbury is about 1/2 way between Burlington and Rutland just off of Route 7 (which is the main N-S road in western VT). It's probably something like 1.5 hours to the Waterbury meeting location.

TTT.

The Fall Meet has traditionally been one of the largest annual NECEG meets, and easily my favorites. There's nothing quite like 15-20 Contiques cruising down some of New England's most scenic roads. :)

I'm game for the date, hope you all are!

That sounds pretty good to me. I don't have anything planned that weekend, hopefully nothing will come up.
Its been awhile since I have been to a meet, hmmm, i should get on that.

I'd join y'all, but I've got a batchelor party to attend -- not mine, thankfully. :cool:

Back