• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Beware Saab 9-3's....tuned!

what's the deal with saab badges? I often see saabs with damn near blank plates because the badge faded away!

Funny you asked that because I spotted a 9-3 convertible yesterday with a blank badge. :laugh:

If it's anything like the badges on my BMW, they are just logos painted onto a blank badge mount.

My front hood badge suddenly just started disappearing one day. Everytime it rained or I washed the car, more of the badge would chip away until it was just a chrome circle one day. They sell them everywhere online for my car because it's such a common part to need replacing.

Funny you asked that because I spotted a 9-3 convertible yesterday with a blank badge. :laugh:

If it's anything like the badges on my BMW, they are just logos painted onto a blank badge mount.

My front hood badge suddenly just started disappearing one day. Everytime it rained or I washed the car, more of the badge would chip away until it was just a chrome circle one day. They sell them everywhere online for my car because it's such a common part to need replacing.

Replace once every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first. :crazy:

Mark

i would ask the same question of everyone breaking the poor guys balls for no reason...

Exactly:crazy:

Sorry I sent him spinning off the deep end. After watching the video clip I first found myself wondering what the hell, and then I followed that up with a laugh as I replayed it a couple of times just to hear the guy saying 186! somehow thinking something else would happen. I guess when I clicked on it in the first place I was expecting to see a dyno pull of the car with the camera zooming in on the computer to show the dyno plot with the horsepower and torque results. What did I get... the comic relief of a guy randomly yelling 186! in the middle of the wwrrrwrrrwrrr with the pixelated Saab in the background... Come on... no one else found that funny and then felt stupid for wasting their time for watching it??

Bottom line I didn't think the post would drive the poor guy off the cliff and start ripping into me :laugh:... my apoligizes :help:

Yeah, I've learned its easier just to ignore him, not really worth the time. Excellent moderator though :nonono: :laugh:
-J

Thank you for the compliment. My sections do get moderated efficiently don't they.

Yeah, you could say I took offense. That's why I asked for clarification. You worded it the way I wouldn't expect a moderator to word it. I'd expect that a moderator like yourself would have responded in a more appropriate professional manner. You just did the opposite. I digress....

Don't get too upset; the comment wasn't for you. Either way Moderators are still allowed to have opinion, and since it was not directed at any particular person it really shouldn't be an issue.

The Mexi is a good friend and I make fun of his ricewagon all the time... Should he cry about it? I'll send him a memo

Thank you for the compliment. My sections do get moderated efficiently don't they.

Don't get too upset; the comment wasn't for you. Either way Moderators are still allowed to have opinion, and since it was not directed at any particular person it really shouldn't be an issue.

The Mexi is a good friend and I make fun of his ricewagon all the time... Should he cry about it? I'll send him a memo

LOL! You're a funny guy...not. Let it go dude...let it go.

I guess when I clicked on it in the first place I was expecting to see a dyno pull of the car with the camera zooming in on the computer to show the dyno plot with the horsepower and torque results. What did I get... the comic relief of a guy randomly yelling 186! in the middle of the wwrrrwrrrwrrr with the pixelated Saab in the background... Come on... no one else found that funny and then felt stupid for wasting their time for watching it??

haha it was pretty funny... I was expecting a little more than that. :laugh:

bolt patterns

bolt patterns

stupid SAAB rims. I have a set of steelies that I got with some winter tires for my mystique. obviously I switched the tires onto the mystique rims (2nd set)

but in trying to get rid of these rims i found out that they are pretty specific to SAAB. 9-3 9-5 and some other model..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back