• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Beware Saab 9-3's....tuned!

I feel stupid for having watched that video :nonono:

for the rest of you I will save you the hassle...

wrrrrwwrrrrrrrrwrrrrwrwrwr.... 186! wrwrwrwrwrrrrrrrrrwrrr

Yeah, you could say I took offense. That's why I asked for clarification. You worded it the way I wouldn't expect a moderator to word it. I'd expect that a moderator like yourself would have responded in a more appropriate professional manner. You just did the opposite. I digress....

You don't know Pud....he likes to offend everyone. :laugh: Just take it with a grain of salt and move along your day.

You don't know Pud....he likes to offend everyone. :laugh: Just take it with a grain of salt and move along your day.

You're right.

I thought I met the guy a few years ago when I was out in their neck of the woods. Steeda, FiveOh and a few other guys met up with me and we went to Woodward Ave. Ahh..whatever. Time to slow down and grill...

I feel stupid for having watched that video :nonono:

for the rest of you I will save you the hassle...

wrrrrwwrrrrrrrrwrrrrwrwrwr.... 186! wrwrwrwrwrrrrrrrrrwrrr

It was put up there just to show people the car but I guess I left something out of the clip, the torque number...260 ft/lbs!

Now with that, it would make quick work of your CSVT for sure and its an auto to boot, sorry about the confusion and maybe next time I'll put this in the correct forum....oh wait, I did:rolleyes:

It was put up there just to show people the car but I guess I left something out of the clip, the torque number...260 ft/lbs!

Now with that, it would make quick work of your CSVT for sure and its an auto to boot, sorry about the confusion and maybe next time I'll put this in the correct forum....oh wait, I did:rolleyes:

1. You needed a video to show people the car... so what the pictures you posted were not enough? Pretty sure the second picture you posted proved to show more then the amazingly crisp and clear video you posted.

2. Really... quick work? Some how I doubt it. But if you want to play the "I have a bigger dick" argument feel free to read up on the Camaro I own :shrug:... oh and it's an auto to boot too :laugh:

3. Correct forum? Where did I say anything about putting it in the wrong forum... :confused:

I think you've been smoking to much crack today bud. Take a chill pill and call me in the morning.

1. You needed a video to show people the car... so what the pictures you posted were not enough? Pretty sure the second picture you posted proved to show more then the amazingly crisp and clear video you posted.

2. Really... quick work? Some how I doubt it. But if you want to play the "I have a bigger dick" argument feel free to read up on the Camaro I own :shrug:... oh and it's an auto to boot too :laugh:

3. Correct forum? Where did I say anything about putting it in the wrong forum... :confused:

I think you've been smoking to much crack today bud. Take a chill pill and call me in the morning.

First off let's not get the tread locked with the bigger unit stuff! Second I shot the video with my camera phone and it was just to show people out there how much power Saab's can make with proper tune because IMO 260 dt/lbs of torque is pretty impressive in my opinion and that was on this particular dyno! Next you didn't say anything about the wrong forum, I put that up there tounge in cheek:rolleyes: Finally I did check out your Camaro and its stats...508 hp...urr I mean 508 BHP, please! Your motor is putting out a total 10:25:1 compression, "camelback" heads which I thought were only available on early to mid 60's Vettes (can't remember:eek:) and even with a good flow and port job aren't going to give you those kind of numbers and your cam, 525 lift...what is the duration @.050 again? Also I see your running a double pumper carb, works great on an automatic:rolleyes:, plus its 700 cfm, a bit much IMO. How about the intake, wait let me guess, single plane right:shrug: How did the dyno on this car, could we all see the sheet here, I'd love to see it if its the actual car that did it. I'm an old"er" street racer from the early 90's and one thing I know is s/b Chevrolet, let me explain:

-1978 Caprice Classic 2 door
-406 s/b (.030 over 400)
-5.7 rods and steel crank
-Edelbrock Perf RPM intake
-Ultradyne hydrolic cam (507/530-239/246@.050)
-Dart II iron heads w/2.05/1.60 ss valves, ported
-1 5/8" headers, forgot the brand

-350 turbo, shift kit and 4000 stall

-8.5" stock housing rearend w/4.88 gears

-Koni drag shocks in the front, no sway bar, V6 coils and Comp Eng drag shocks in the rear

Now I never took the car to the track because I didn't have access to a trailer and couldn't drive the car to the track for obvious reasons but I did cruize the car and street race it. I put two years on that engine set up, sold it to my then boss and he took the car to the track where I was allowed to make a pass in the car....12.38@108 mph in a two ton car running pump gas. I bring all this up for cred on the internet where everyone can be anything, but people who've known me for the past 9 YEARS I've been on here know I don't B.S. about these things, so in closing I'm sure your 350 isn't putting out 508 BHP because based on what you've posted about your Camaro, it would be crushed by "FRANKNESTIEN", that's what I called it and you can even see the car in GM Hi-Tech Perf magazine but that was a long time ago, 1994 or 95 issue.

The Saab would beat your CSVT too, no shame in that:shrug: Bench racing at its finest!

First off let's not get the tread locked with the bigger unit stuff! Second I shot the video with my camera phone and it was just to show people out there how much power Saab's can make with proper tune because IMO 260 dt/lbs of torque is pretty impressive in my opinion and that was on this particular dyno! Next you didn't say anything about the wrong forum, I put that up there tounge in cheek:rolleyes: Finally I did check out your Camaro and its stats...508 hp...urr I mean 508 BHP, please! Your motor is putting out a total 10:25:1 compression, "camelback" heads which I thought were only available on early to mid 60's Vettes (can't remember:eek:) and even with a good flow and port job aren't going to give you those kind of numbers and your cam, 525 lift...what is the duration @.050 again? Also I see your running a double pumper carb, works great on an automatic:rolleyes:, plus its 700 cfm, a bit much IMO. How about the intake, wait let me guess, single plane right:shrug: How did the dyno on this car, could we all see the sheet here, I'd love to see it if its the actual car that did it. I'm an old"er" street racer from the early 90's and one thing I know is s/b Chevrolet, let me explain:

-406 s/b (.030 over 400)

-Koni drag shocks in the front, no sway bar, V6 coils and Comp Eng drag shocks in the rear

Now I never took the car to the track because I didn't have access to a trailer and couldn't drive the car to the track for obvious reasons but I did cruize the car and street race it. I put two years on that engine set up, sold it to my then boss and he took the car to the track where I was allowed to make a pass in the car....12.38@108 mph in a two ton car running pump gas. I bring all this up for cred on the internet where everyone can be anything, but people who've known me for the past 9 YEARS I've been on here know I don't B.S. about these things, so in closing I'm sure your 350 isn't putting out 508 BHP because based on what you've posted about your Camaro, it would be crushed by "FRANKNESTIEN", that's what I called it and you can even see the car in GM Hi-Tech Perf magazine but that was a long time ago, 1994 or 95 issue.

The Saab would beat your CSVT too, no shame in that:shrug: Bench racing at its finest!

my motor now makes 222 ft/lbs without a tune. i don't think this slushbox saab is going to be an issue.

and my old engine made 318 trq at its best. doesn't take much to make cars fast. cars are easy. your comparing apples to oranges. most people, if they saw that saab on the street, wouldn't take a second look at the car. can't say that about the contour. not here in MN, anyways.

First off let's not get the tread locked with the bigger unit stuff! Second... blah, blah, blah

The previous owner ran an 11.7 @ 121 in his Camaro. I rebuilt the motor and had it tweaked at Competition Engines in Eagan, MN. So yes it makes that much power. The camel hump heads were not the original heads with the motor and they had $800 worth of work done to them. However I've since bought a set of aluminum heads that should perform the same and will also be port matched to the intake... an Edelbrock Victor Jr, ported.

What exactly is a 'mild stage 4 tune'? Stage 8 must be the un-milder version? :laugh:
-J

It would be a tune set up for a car running stock internals and stock trans. Not sure if you were trying to be a dick or what, but Maptun, BSR, JSP, etc. (Saab tuners) all do their tunes in stages. :shrug: For JSP, a "mild stage 4 tune" would be 3'' turbo-back, high flow bar and plate intercooler with 2.5'' piping from TB to turbo, T25/28 Hybrid turbo, Forge wastegate, 50lb per hour injectors, headers, and then the ecu tune. Anyway, mine was faster. :laugh:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

simpsons.gif

-406 s/b (.030 over 400)

What crawled up your butt? :shrug:

Back