• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interchangeable Parts with Cougar? (OZ Superleggera bolt pattern, ST200 rear strut)

CougarRacer

New CEG'er
Hello, I know that the Contour and the Cougar have a lot of interchangable parts but I was wondering if anyone knew if the bolt pattern was the same for the wheels? I am trying to sell my Cougar and I'm thinking about parting out some of the car. I have 18" OZ Superleggera wheels and the ST200 Strut brace and it seems like those two items are the most valuable. Are they both interchangeable?

Thanks

wheels are fine ... that is why I am interested in them.

the strut tower brace could be made to work I do believe ...

the strut tower brace could be made to work I do believe ...

I'm pretty sure at least one or two CEGers have made the rear STB work in their 'tours.
I want to say one of them was Pascal, but I could be way off on that.

I'd be pretty surprised if someone on NECO doesn't snatch it up first though.
You may not need to worry about trying to sell it to CEGers.

Thanks for the info. Someone over there did pick up the ST200 from me.

Now, I've just got to sell the wheels. I've posted them over there, and I'll post them here too after my 30 days are up.

chuck

Haha.... yea, I saw that. I'm slowly working on it and trying not to just spam the board. If I get desperate though I' will...

I don't come here often any more... Man I can't believe that stuff is 7 years old!

You have to fabricate brackets to use the Cougar St200 rear bar. The bottom fits like a dream (drilling and fiddling around gas tank involved) but the top of the strut towers is completely different (welding required). Cheers.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

Back