• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bagged's satin black SVT project

since my paint is so jacked on this car i am highly considering a satin red on here I have a guy that knows his ???? to help I just need to pull the trigger I guess.

that satin red is killer:drool:

thanks man, what i was initially saying about the flat/satin finishes holds to be true though. it is very hard to work with and shows every imperfection. getting the body kit and parts done how i wanted them were much more tedious than regular paint

Oh, I know it's a very hard finish to get to be as close to perfect as possible. That was actually one of our test back in auto/body class years ago in high school. The part I wasn't agreeing with was the assumption that the cheaper paint's are going to be garbage in the long run. Which is why I kept bringing up the JD BB. It seems to hold up really really well, and runs around $40/gal.

I've always loved a professionally done satin finish, regardless of the color (well most colors, yellow might make me vomit).
I'd really like to get a car "tagged" and then clear it always thought that would be cool too.:shrug:

Oh, I know it's a very hard finish to get to be as close to perfect as possible. That was actually one of our test back in auto/body class years ago in high school. The part I wasn't agreeing with was the assumption that the cheaper paint's are going to be garbage in the long run. Which is why I kept bringing up the JD BB. It seems to hold up really really well, and runs around $40/gal.

i just dont trust it, id rather go with a high quality auto finish and save myself any extra work or having to redo stuff, ive never got time for redo mistakes. and anyone who does paint work knows that the cheaper products are even harder to work with and acheive a quality standard and carry less guarantee for lasting through time. cause sure there are guys who have done it and reached there goal but more have tried and utterly failed

i just dont trust it, id rather go with a high quality auto finish and save myself any extra work or having to redo stuff, ive never got time for redo mistakes. and anyone who does paint work knows that the cheaper products are even harder to work with and acheive a quality standard. cause sure there are guys who have done it and reached there goal but more have tried and utterly failed

Now that you explained your view of it, I can understand where you're coming from without thinking, "Damn he's a thick headed prick!" :laugh:

well in essence yes. grafitii(sp) and then clear over it.

Ah ok. Depends on the car. A van would look sick if done right. There's one that I always see at the gas station right by my office and it doesn't look half bad. But if you got someone who really had a talent for that stuff, I think you could end up with a nice piece of rolling artwork.

Now that you explained your view of it, I can understand where you're coming from without thinking, "Damn he's a thick headed prick!" :laugh:

i tried to explain it in the beginning but nobody wanted to hear it:shrug:

well in essence yes. grafitii(sp) and then clear over it.

Id like that too. Get the best of both worlds, satin black and graffiti (not painted on, but you get the idea).
08_CBR600RR_Graffiti1189094523.jpg

the moment i saw that this thread had got over 90 posts, i knew sumthn had gone down, and had to check it out. am not exactly sure what happened. but the e-shootout ended just like it started... abruptly. the love/hate relationship on CEG never fails to amaze me:laugh:. for the sake of peace tho, i'll say nuthn more about it:). keep the pix coming bagged. or aj. whichever of u wins the coin toss to post pix. lol. jk.

That is going to be a sexy ?????! Scott, me likey you. I would probably do what AJ does to help(besides hanging from da balls :D). Like I have said before, too bad you don't live closer. We would probably hang out, wife swap, trade contour parts, etc.... - you know, the usual stuff. :laugh:.

Oh he is thick headed alright. Yeah a penis joke....I went there....again :laugh:

Show pics when it is done please.

lmfao.... this thread has the makings of a true CEG post.

a couple of long time members getting their balls busted by some unknown retard, bagged getting annoyed with everyone involved, and roger crying about the good old days. :laugh:

And holding a dildo (if you know how to search for it. :laugh: )

ummm... that pic is of rawbutt and starjammir. :shrug:

bagged/aj... can't wait to see how it comes out.

Back