• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bagged's satin black SVT project

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
After sending Eleanor off to the scrap yard...
DSC01700Large.jpg

Bagged felt like he needed another paint project, something a little more challenging... flat black has been done before, so he decided on going the Satin black route, currently the car is a work in progress but the body in nearly finished being sanded down and having all of the dings and dents fixed, and ready for paint, have a couple of photos of the begining stages of which and more photos will come as time goes along :cool:

DSC01702Large.jpg

DSC01705Large.jpg

DSC01706Large.jpg

DSC01707Large.jpg

DSC01715Large.jpg

DSC01716Large.jpg

Car is already sitting on lowering springs, although we cant figure out which set is on it, the springs are red and the car sits crazy low so we are thinking it has the bat sport springs on it. The car was bought because it isnt currently driving previous owner installed a clutch into the car and it never drove again after that, motor runs perfectly though, we think he put the wrong clutch in the car, or ford gave him the Zetec TOB which is not causing the clutch to engage, either way we plan to yank the trans out and replace it with a tested good trans as well as a new SVT clutch and TOB. Oh BTW, already have some stuff in stain black :cool:

pics will be in next post, damn 10 pic rule :crazy:

IMG_0123Large.jpg

IMG_0124Large.jpg

IMG_0126Large.jpg

IMG_0127Large.jpg

the side skirts and wing on the back are also painted, but not pictured, those will come later. This car is going to look absolutely sick, and bagged has a couple of neat surprises and touches in store for unveiling in early September when we take it to the University of Michigan SAE car show.

Wow thats a hot color! I was gonna do flat black but I'm really liking the satin color. The work looks really good so far!

Why is he doing this since he basically said it's a waste of money and wouldn't look good in a couple of months? Reminds me of the old saying, "Do as I say, not as I do."

And before someone says the guy was talking about flat black, he was talking about Hot Rod black, which is pretty damn close to satin...if not is satin.

Why is he doing this since he basically said it's a waste of money and wouldn't look good in a couple of months? Reminds me of the old saying, "Do as I say, not as I do."

And before someone says the guy was talking about flat black, he was talking about Hot Rod black, which is pretty damn close to satin...if not is satin.

The other guy was talking about buying a cheapo paint color, the argument was if you do it cheaply then it's going to look like ????. Bagged isn't doing it cheap, he is using a PPG custom mix of base coat and a custom flat clear. The cost of materials alone on the bumpers and side skirts and spoiler currently is right around $400 not $120 like those other guys were saying about paint their cars el cheapo FLAT black.

And holding a dildo (if you know how to search for it. :laugh: )

The parts look really good, and I think the car will look outstanding. But this just screams hypocrisy to me.
I figured it would keep getting responses like this. He simply stated if your going to do it then you need to do it right and do it with quality materials etc..............

I am curious though why your posting this and not Bagged:confused:

I figured it would keep getting responses like this. He simply stated if your going to do it then you need to do it right and do it with quality materials etc..............

I am curious though why your posting this and not Bagged:confused:

Exactly!

Bagged's busy, he is working on the green ceg project car.

el cheapo FLAT black.

Why are you putting emphasis on flat? I wasn't talking about the ones who were thinking flat, but the one who said Hot Rod Black, which has a pretty similar sheen of Satin.

So you're telling me people who went and put John Deere Blitz Black on their cars, and haven't really had any complications from weather and sunlight...wasted their money at the cost of $40/gallon? :rolleyes:

whats scotts setup? gun/compressor/etc

im getting really sick of using duplicolor and wanna learn the art :cool:

Not going to the incubus tour :( I'm so sad too cause the new album is farking awesome

Bagged used a roller to apply the paint, man has only one thumb, can't operate a paint gun

Back