• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bagged's satin black SVT project

Car is already sitting on lowering springs, although we cant figure out which set is on it, the springs are red and the car sits crazy low so we are thinking it has the bat sport springs on it.

bat springs give the least amount of drop of all....fwiw H&R springs are colored red. the front would be lower than the rear, but h&r's do get the front end really damn low.

car is going to look sick...can't wait to see it finished.

There is more than one bat spring. The euro kit that hardly lowers and the sport spring which is known to put the car fairly low. The back of the car is slammed too which leads me to believe that it is not h+r.

hah that rollback has picked up my truck before.

I really want to see the entire car in satin... those bumpers look sexy :drool:

There is more than one bat spring. The euro kit that hardly lowers and the sport spring which is known to put the car fairly low. The back of the car is slammed too which leads me to believe that it is not h+r.
I was under the impression there was only one bat spring thats why i didnt go with them because I wanted more of a drop than that. Id bet if it is slammed it has the B&G Autobahns on it.

So, my original chop wasnt so far off after all? I want quality photos of this car when it is done, for secretive government spy purposes. :snky:

satin.jpg

The other guy was talking about buying a cheapo paint color, the argument was if you do it cheaply then it's going to look like ????. Bagged isn't doing it cheap, he is using a PPG custom mix of base coat and a custom flat clear. The cost of materials alone on the bumpers and side skirts and spoiler currently is right around $400 not $120 like those other guys were saying about paint their cars el cheapo FLAT black.

HAHA it WAS el cheapo paint by some company called Dupont.......They prolly suck at making paint... IT WAS satin black... the only difference was that instead of spraying a base with a flat clear, i was going to shoot a one stage that didn't need clear, but could be cleared.. Only price discrepency between what his did cost and what mine was gonna cost is that he bought clear and i didnt need clear.

It's gonna look sick though just like mine would have. at least someone got the opportunity to do it, hypocrite or not

HAHA it WAS el cheapo paint by some company called Dupont.......They prolly suck at making paint... IT WAS satin black... the only difference was that instead of spraying a base with a flat clear, i was going to shoot a one stage that didn't need clear, but could be cleared.. Only price discrepency between what his did cost and what mine was gonna cost is that he bought clear and i didnt need clear.

It's gonna look sick though just like mine would have. at least someone got the opportunity to do it, hypocrite or not
. Go back to your thread and read my first post. This will not be a dd for me nor will my doorjambs be t red. The cost is different from what you claimed my price so far is just the mirrors,spoiler and bodykit. And I'll probably just scrap it after I win a trophy with it at u of m show

^^ John you turd! - Get your ass to work on your 3L. You are always messing around on the computer and never getting anything done. damn

Autobahns are red too. I've got a set sitting in a box right now.

Are those the springs you bought off me? Holy Hell dude, put'em on a car already!

On topic; Satin Black = Sick stuff, if you're gonna scrap it just give it to me(why not :shrug:), I'll keep it in the garage next to teh Jag!

Back