• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Detroit Lions predictions...right here!

I don't think anything is going to happen till the season is over. No point in removing him because we have nobody to really take his place right now.

I agree... I said the same thing in this thread over a week ago. Nobody on his staff right now is qualified to do the job THEY'RE doing, let alone take over at head coach.

I agree... I said the same thing in this thread over a week ago. Nobody on his staff right now is qualified to do the job THEY'RE doing, let alone take over at head coach.

I heard it after the 4th game on fox news :shrug: Either way it's true

Kitna:shrug::shrug::shrug: He sucks, royally:crazy::crazy::crazy:

BTW, nice blackout, anyone driving out to Grand Rapids or so to watch the game:mad::mad::mad:

Nope, and i don't care to watch them for the rest of the season.

Same here...I think I've watched 2 maybe 3 plays of the lions season thus far.

I don't feel the need to patronize something so god-awfully horrible. The sad thing is that I love to watch football (college,nfl).

I would love for Detroit to have a competitve NFL team. But I really don't see that happening for quite some time. :shrug:

The Lions are comedy gold, are you guys kidding me:shrug::laugh: When they go 0-16, I'm going to be able to say this..."and I saw the whole damn thing too!"

At least with Kitna, you guys had a half way decent q.b.

haha are you serious???? D.O. is doing a way better job than kitna. i don't care if he only has 2 TD pass' in his last 3 games. the biggest number is 0 INT. thats where kitna lost us the game. shure he threw for 300+ yards but he also would throw 2INT. thats where you lose games turnovers. and look at the last 3 games the are only loosing by 1 score. if they can get their act together in the first quarter and play sum D the lions are a mediocre team as opposed to GOD AWFUL. they will win 1 game this year. they will surprise somebody. and i hope its the last game in Green Bay cuz im going to that game hahaha

Go Rob Parker!

Go Rob Parker!

...as he's about the only one in the post game and/or Monday pressers that asks the tough questions, grow a pair everyone and help get this clown Marenelli out of here:nonono::shocked::crazy::help:

haha are you serious???? D.O. is doing a way better job than kitna. i don't care if he only has 2 TD pass' in his last 3 games. the biggest number is 0 INT. thats where kitna lost us the game. shure he threw for 300+ yards but he also would throw 2INT. thats where you lose games turnovers. and look at the last 3 games the are only loosing by 1 score.

Don't kid yourself... Orlovsky is a terrible QB. Every "new" Lions QB has people drinking the kool-aid for a while. I've seen it all my life. Eric Hipple, Joe Ferguson, Chuck Long, Rusty Hilger, Rodney Peete, Andre Ware, Erik Kramer, Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, Gus Frerotte, Mike McMahon, Joey Harrington, Kitna... just to name a handful. They all had the Lions fans talking about "this guy is GREAT and he really brings a lot of arm strength/mobility/game management skills and he's exactly what we need!!!!!!"... and guess what? They were all terrible NFL QBs (with the exception of Mitchell who was serviceable) and they ended up getting run out of town after the "NEW QB" honeymoon wore off. Orlovsky and Stanton will be the next two guys on that list.

Orlovsky is having huge mental lapses that are just as damaging as interceptions... running out of the back of the end zone by a mile, missed reads and checkdowns, horrifically overthrown balls in key situations... hell, look at yesterday on that 3rd-and-short: He rolled out of the pocket with a receiver running an out pattern WIDE OPEN... Orlovsky hung onto the ball (under no pressure, either) long enough for the receiver to get 2 steps out of bounds AND THEN HE THROWS THE BALL TO HIM!!!!!!! And I care that he's not throwing TD passes, because their running game sucks ass and they're not lighting up the scoreboard on the ground.

I'm not one for moral victories. I don't care if they're losing by 30 or losing on a last-second FG. They're still losing.

i totally agree D.O is not the savior by any means. i was just trying to say that he is doing better than kitna was. kitna is junk orlovsky is poop Stanton is....who even knows. i don't think that Detroit will ever have a great QB in the next 10-12 years.

and as far as Kramer goes he was better than Mitchell. at least Kramer went to the playoffs( if memory serves correct. and im young so it might not)

will that help the lions at all do ya think? could cullpeper be the brick that the rebuilding process starts with??

Absolutely not. It's a panic move because IMO they're afraid they won't be able to get any free agent QB in the off-season, so they want to lock someone up now. Culpepper is not the same guy he was before the knee and back injuries.

You rebuild with good young talent on your offensive and defensive line and a couple free agents to round everything out. You don't rebuild with a washed-up QB that is still technically retired. :)

haha are you serious???? D.O. is doing a way better job than kitna.

Don't kid yourself... Orlovsky is a terrible QB. Every "new" Lions QB has people drinking the kool-aid for a while. I've seen it all my life. Eric Hipple, Joe Ferguson, Chuck Long, Rusty Hilger, Rodney Peete, Andre Ware, Erik Kramer, Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, Gus Frerotte, Mike McMahon, Joey Harrington, Kitna... just to name a handful..

Funny you should mention that....with me being a Vikings fan. You guys should sign Culpepper, even if it is for a year, it would give you guys something to actually talk about and he can win you some games. If Childress wasn't being an idiot and wanted to save his job, he would sign him back in a minute.

Funny you should mention that....with me being a Vikings fan. You guys should sign Culpepper, even if it is for a year, it would give you guys something to actually talk about and he can win you some games. If Childress wasn't being an idiot and wanted to save his job, he would sign him back in a minute.

I think there's plenty to talk about around here, what with this being possibly the worst team in the modern NFL era and their quest for 0-16... I don't see how Culpepper is single-handedly going to win Detroit some games, either. He's got no offensive line, his mobility (which was what made him such a dangerous threat before) is completely gone... I just don't get what exactly he brings to the table that is enough to make a difference.

I think there's plenty to talk about around here, what with this being possibly the worst team in the modern NFL era and their quest for 0-16... I don't see how Culpepper is single-handedly going to win Detroit some games, either. He's got no offensive line, his mobility (which was what made him such a dangerous threat before) is completely gone... I just don't get what exactly he brings to the table that is enough to make a difference.

When he was playing with Miami and Oakland, he really shouldn't have been playing...he should have been rehabbing the knee some more. I will say this, the guy has and insanely strong arm and is deadly accurate. IF Roy Williams was still on your team along with Calvin Johnson, it could have been exciting to watch. It could still be entertaining with just Johnson though. Even when he was "mobil" he was stripped of the ball a LOT. Small hands = fumbling. After watching him for years in MN, I wouldn't say his greatest asset was his running ability...it was his accuracy....with one season he almost had a 70% completion percentage with almost 5000 yards.

Back