• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2008 Detroit Lions predictions...right here!

the way teh defence was playing i woul dhave trusted them to get that stop. point being lions played exelent ball today(for being the lions) and i hope that orlovski(sp) get teh start for the rest of the year.

When has that defense made a stop that mattered in the past 2 years? They still gave up 300 yards in the air to Frerotte and about 130 on the ground. Sure, they had some sacks and they (FINALLY!!!!) got a pick... but that offense is f**king atrocious. The refs didn't steal that win from Detroit yesterday... their inability to move the ball on offense lost it for them. I don't subscribe to any moral victory theory. Good teams overcome bad calls. The fact that they were even winning that game in the last minute was a gift.

And I'd be hesitant about hoping for a high draft pick in the spring... they've had top-15 picks for the past 10 years and haven't done a damn thing with them.

Let the Rod Marenelli watch begin!

Let the Rod Marenelli watch begin!

Now, if he doesn't win this weekend, look out:crazy::crazy::crazy: It appears that Marvin Harrison is going to be available, but w/o a permanent GM in place, he may get away, what a waste of season yet again:nonono: I just don't see the need of keeping a lame duck head coach around, do you guys:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Now, if he doesn't win this weekend, look out:crazy::crazy::crazy: It appears that Marvin Harrison is going to be available, but w/o a permanent GM in place, he may get away, what a waste of season yet again:nonono: I just don't see the need of keeping a lame duck head coach around, do you guys:shrug::shrug::shrug:

You guys don't need a Wideout....you need a Oline.

Do you really want an old WR like Harrison whose best years are 2-3 years behind him?? It'd be just like the Lions to trade some draft picks to get him, though.

My theory on Marinelli and keeping him around is this: who do you have on that staff that you'd put in his place through the end of the year? He's filled that staff top to bottom with "his guys"... guys that IMO are horribly underqualified and over their heads. Offensive coordinator Jim Coletto? You've seen the games he calls up in the booth. I've played kids online in Madden that call a better game offensively than he does. At this point the HAVE to wait until the season is over so they can COMPLETELY broom all of those f**ksticks out of there and then we begin to rebuild.

AGAIN. :D

i see no one has posted about teh recent news that Roy Willams was traded to the Cowboys. all though i would have liked to see him stay cuz i belive hes a top WR in teh league we got some decent stuf for him. we got a 1st 3rd 6th and i belive 7th round draft picks for him.

any other opinions about this trade....now megatron is gunna get doubled all day and furrey and mcdonald need to step up big time.

i see no one has posted about teh recent news that Roy Willams was traded to the Cowboys. all though i would have liked to see him stay cuz i belive hes a top WR in teh league we got some decent stuf for him. we got a 1st 3rd 6th and i belive 7th round draft picks for him.

any other opinions about this trade....now megatron is gunna get doubled all day and furrey and mcdonald need to step up big time.

You guys made out like bandits on this.

We only made out if we can actually draft someone worth 2 craps. Something we haven't done for what? 15-20 years.

Do you really want an old WR like Harrison whose best years are 2-3 years behind him?? It'd be just like the Lions to trade some draft picks to get him, though.

My theory on Marinelli and keeping him around is this: who do you have on that staff that you'd put in his place through the end of the year? He's filled that staff top to bottom with "his guys"... guys that IMO are horribly underqualified and over their heads. Offensive coordinator Ted Cottrell? You've seen the games he calls up in the booth. I've played kids online in Madden that call a better game offensively than he does. At this point the HAVE to wait until the season is over so they can COMPLETELY broom all of those f**ksticks out of there and then we begin to rebuild.

AGAIN. :D

I actually mean't Marvin Lewis:eek::eek::eek: but now that Roy is gone, what the hell! The Lions needs are:

1. O line
2. D line
3. corners
4. QB
5. RB
6. punt returner
7. water boy
8. you get the picture:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm going to be lucky enough to listen to the game this weekend as I have an 85' Porsche 911 Targa to detail, listen for my call on the Lions post-game show on AM1130...THE FAN:cool:

That sounds like a promo!

NO call at all wow wtf is going on?? He rammed into mcdonald before the ball came down.???

OMG these refs are pissing me off latley!!!

At what point...

At what point...

...does Marinelli get fired:shrug: I thought after the Texans game, but I'd say now its going to be at the 0-8 mark, what do you guys think?

...does Marinelli get fired:shrug: I thought after the Texans game, but I'd say now its going to be at the 0-8 mark, what do you guys think?

I don't think anything is going to happen till the season is over. No point in removing him because we have nobody to really take his place right now. Let him fug up this team even more, which will give us a better reason to fire him :shrug:

Also then after the season it will give us chance to scout for a new coach.

haha, its funny to go back to the first couple of pages of this thread where everybody had their optimistic predictions. Even if the Lions win every game for the rest of the season most of the predictions are already beyond impossible.

I was just thinking. Who would you guys rather want right now from the 2007 draft. Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson?

Back