• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

opinion poll

opinion poll

• face the sub to the trunk, the amps to the seat

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • face the sub to the seat, the amps to the trunk

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
You guys have keyboard's shoved so far up your asses on this forum you can't even take a joke. You guys are sad.

Its very annoying and over your stay here on CEG it has gotten very old. If you wanna continue, your stay on CEG will be very short lived from here on out.

When you have REAL Knowledge feel free to post.

Last edited:
Its very annoying and over your stay here on CEG has gotten very old. If you wanna continue your stay on CEG will be very short lived from here on out.

funny-7.gif

Its very annoying and over your stay here on CEG it has gotten very old. If you wanna continue, your stay on CEG will be very short lived from here on out.

Sounds about as smart as one of the guys on toolkit arguing about capacitor add-ons, he was saying the only role of the battery was to start the car, then after that you could throw it out, which I corrected him on, but he still insisted with his 10 years of experience that he was right and I was wrong...

Sounds about as smart as one of the guys on toolkit arguing about capacitor add-ons, he was saying the only role of the battery was to start the car, then after that you could throw it out, which I corrected him on, but he still insisted with his 10 years of experience that he was right and I was wrong...

not to pop your bubble or anything but he wasn't 100% wrong. If your electrical load does not exceed the output of the alternator then your battery is technically not needed once the engine is running.
I've never tried it in a car but used to do it almost weekly on boats at a marina I used to work at. For the high performance Cigerette and Fountain boats we wouldnt jump them with a jump box, we would swap the drained battery for a fresh one, start the engine and then while it was running take the battery out and reconnect the dead one to recharge. everything worked just perfectly without it and on occasion the the driver would go on his way without the battery connected (if it would not hold a charge). I drove a 38' Fountain Lightning from Muskegon, MI to South Haven, MI (about 70 miles) without batteries once. Again, this was a boat, not a car, but all my gauges, trims and nav systems were working just fine the entire trip.

Last edited:

Youre annoying steeda. Im sick of looking at your insignificant posts that only dishes out chagrin and hate to other forum members. Ive already said "people like you are the exposed nail in the game of life, all they wanna do is hammer you down." lol I heard that somewhere on a ricer movie. Feel free to post when you have something useful to say.

Youre not special dude, you are not any better than me bro. You dont deserve any right on earth to tell me what I can or can't say on a forum on the internet. So dont think for one second that you are slick or any better than any one of my posts.

Besides, subs sound better in this car when theyre aimed at the back.

Last edited:
Youre annoying steeda. Im sick of looking at your insignificant posts that only dishes out chagrin and hate to other forum members. Ive already said "people like you are the exposed nail in the game of life, all they wanna do is hammer you down." lol I heard that somewhere on a ricer movie. Feel free to post when you have something useful to say.

Youre not special dude, you are not any better than me bro. You dont deserve any right on earth to tell me what I can or can't say on a forum on the internet. So dont think for one second that you are slick or any better than any one of my posts.

Besides, subs sound better in this car when theyre aimed at the back.

He can and does have the ability to tell you what you can and can't say on a forum. He is the mod. He does give people helpfull advice all the time, I know he has helped answer my questions when I have had them.....and he gives the reasons as to why what works and what doesn't. He just doesn't say theeeese hitz sooooo loud.

OMFG I AM SICK OF THIS!!!

Look, you have to realize this forum is to HELP people, the way to HELP someone is to give CORRECT INFO!. Not opinionated crap!!

There are the usual posters here, and then there are tons of lurkers who view this forum to gain knowledge and do what they have to do. When you spout out on one of your rants it sometimes actually sounds intelligent, but alot of times your giving out FALSE INFO!! Do you have any idea how gullable audio newbies are? (no offense guys) Its like swearing infront of a child, they are going to pick it up and take it as fact.
So stop ranting on crap you THINK you know about and turning it into a debate. THAT IS WHY YOU GET BASHED!! Steeda is a moderator for a reason, and we back him up for a reason. If I said something incorrect I sincerely hope somebody would call me out on it and correct me, that way we can all learn, move on, and nobody gets confused. And if I want to ***** and moan and turn it into a debate, then I deserve to get bashed to correct my arrogance.

Look, you have to realize this forum is to HELP people, the way to HELP someone is to give CORRECT INFO!. Not opinionated crap!!

See thats BS carpoon, you ASKED for an opinion there guy. You got my vote plain and simple.

I dont moan, I just want an explanation of WHY. WHY call it garbage. It works BOTH ways y'know.

A forum I believe is to let ANYONE and thier mom to say "almost" <----(note almost)whatever they wish. Its free speech dude.

Its like people saying OMG video games are disturbing my child....don't BUY IT THEN.

Or theres too much violence on TV....then dont WATCH IT.

OMG Too much Transfats in my fries.....dont EAT IT.

OMG his posts are soooo stoopid......then DONT READ IT.

I have an opinion too, and a darn good one at that. For you to say, "my friend has a forward firing setup and it sounds AWESOME" well, great...good for you and him, and thats your OPINION too......

but the real truth is youre bashing me for saying rear firing setup in our trunk doesnt sound better than a forward firing one does.....is your OPINION as well...... Everyone has an opionion, fact or fiction, its up to YOU to figure it out. there is no EULA or End User Licence Agreement on this forum where you have to "check here" to read a damn post.

Its not up to you to say, in this case, that my posts are garbage. Thats harrassment in a way. You didn't even give me a REAL REASON why its not true. Well great and all, but you probly think its not "worth" it for some reason. But plain and simple, you don't. Life is a 2 way street buddy.

Were talking about wich way you should have YOUR subs aimed.....is that so damn controversial or something....???

Acting like its the end of the world.

Last edited:
This is not a free speech forum.

Especially when it comes to wrong information and post like you make.

See thats BS carpoon, you ASKED for an opinion there guy. You got my vote plain and simple.

First off, its CARPEpoon, not Carpoon. You sieze the poon!:laugh:

2nd of all, you may have remembered this was a POLL thread, you could have just voted and left it at that. instead you were the first one to post your "opinion":
you really need to face em at the trunk. pointing them forward sounds like mud.

That sounds more like a statment than an opinion... if that was an opinion you should have worded it differently with words like "I feel", or "IMHO" etc...

Last edited:
This is not a free speech forum.

Especially when it comes to wrong information and post like you make.

I post truth. You post haste.

That sounds more like a statment than an opinion... if that was an opinion you should have worded it differently with words like "I feel", or "IMHO" etc...

You get the gist of it doncha?

Last edited:
You post truth? I'm sure SoundQSVT thinks differently about sub firing. Not that he knows anything LOL

I bet he did it that way for more points in competition.....

All Im sayin is, if you want the best bang for your buck have em pointed at the trunk jeez.

Last edited:
My opinion is that I can't choose either of the options given because the answer can be both, or neither.

The drivers physical location matters more than the direction they are facing.

My personal opinion on this is only of ONE THING:

I don't care who knows what, or who thinks who is wrong.

PERIOD, WITHOUT QUESTION, and INSTANTLY, bickering will cease.

FordSVT98: Steeda is a mod, you agreed to abide by ALL site rules (which includes LISTENING TO A MOD when about things that aren't allowed on this site)
If your wording is hurtful, hateful, insulting, or rude... he can and WILL stop that. You WILL (not might, not "maybe") cease such actions when asked and (more thoughtfully) avoid them in the first place.

Bottom line, even if you feel Steeda is wrong in HIS opinion, you must say so in a respectful and appropriate manner, or else.
Am I (and more importantly is Steeda), understood? Any further discrepancies to this "sociable and tolerable" rule will be met harshly (and probably by Steeda! :D)

Last edited:
I'm neither socialable or tolerable and I feel as if it's my duty to continue to be disrespectful to Steeda. It is a higher calling, if you will, that supercedes all site rules. :)

Sorry, but I didn't read all the BS that was in this thread, I read the first page then skipped here. What did you decide to do?

Back