• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 console = drool

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I installed my Pre-98 console about a month ago but never got around to taking pictures. Just took some today. Enjoy.

Console completely repainted with Midnight Blue paint and middle trim repainted low gloss black. Redline Goods leather armrest, e-brake boot, and shift boot. Shift boot shortened 2 inches for B&M. Black leather with dark blue stitching. Cougar shift knob. Pioneer DEH-P980BT head unit.

DSCF1853Medium.jpg

DSCF1852Medium.jpg

DSCF1833Medium.jpg

DSCF1827Medium.jpg

DSCF1840Medium.jpg

DSCF1851Medium.jpg

DSCF1834Medium.jpg

DSCF1824Medium.jpg

nice,looks good, what is that just a cover plate wher the radio was?

I like the look of pre 98 center consoles. But included is the worst cup-holders ever! Even worse than the post 98 console cup-holders IMO. Looks good though.

Looks good If anyone else wants to do this I have a pre 98 mystique console in the classifieds, would need a shift boot for mtx and just a few other little items. Take a look http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=16386

That wouldn't work as the pre 98 mystique and pre 98 contour center consoles are pretty differnt.

I need to get off my ass and do this, I even have one laying in the shed wating......

Looks like mine! :laugh:

Hey Tony, did you clear over the MNB? I painted my A-pillar gauge pod MNB and it just didn't have any sheen to it whatsoever. I cleared it and I feel it matches perfect now.

Also what did you use to attach the Redline boots? Did you just use some sort of epoxy to glue the tabs on the boot to the tabs on the console?

Also I don't know why everyone complains about the cup holder. I have the single one and it works fine for me. :shrug:

Last edited:
I think i might pick one of the pre-98 consoles next time im at the junk yard n paint it later. the 98+ ones look so outta place n weird n the cupholders are USELESS. Nice cougar shift knob! ill be picking one of those up in the next week or so. Where did you get the chrome rings around the gauge cluster?????? i was searching for that the other day and couldnt find it.

I'm guessing that's what you used the last of the MNB paint you had. Damn I want to do that. Just need paint.

that looks great man. i always wanted to do that. where did you get the leather armrest??

Redlinegoods.com

I bought it back in December 2006. Christmas time has free shipping + a 5% discount from CEGer. $95 for all three parts.

I also requested the shift boot be shortened 2 inches. Got rid of all the extra leather being bunched up.

Back