• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

will 20's fit on a svt?

Yeah but thats just the outside, everything on the inside is custom, full fiberglassed rear seat and trunk enclosure, game stations up front, quite a few tv's, bear brake kit, koni,s , polished uim, custom guage pod ect.... There is far too much to list that you cant see from that pic.
Ah... didn't notice the Baer's. I guess the 20" dwarf those big brakes. You should recommend him to get the TCE rear kit... it really looks like he has nothing back there.

ok, i have liquidx's old car: from what im told he ran koni and ground controls for daily driving. when i got it, it was more or less undriveable: stock struts with b&g autobahns (im guessing this was just some crap he had laying around that he threw on to get rid of it). i made it from miami to fort myers fine but i didnt make it 2 miles down the local roads of fort myers when i blew one of the 225 rubberband tire (and i was going about 25mph!). whats funny about it was that they didnt rub untill you hit a descent sized dip (though, this was with worn out struts) im thinking you could run 20s with a stock heighth setup but you would have to roll the rear fenders and alter the front fenderwells to make up for the suspension flex. add the fact that it would be really impractical, costly (bent wheel @$280, blown tire @$280 a peice) and it doesnt seem worth it to me. the only reason i say all this is because ive experienced the aftermath of this and it defeats the purpose of this car: it just wasnt really fun to drive...

17s are too little. 19s are perfect with a good stock suspension as seen on BEYONDS 96. But even better would probably be aOMP tower bar, rear strut bar a good set of coilovers and some 19s. Thats what i plan on doing.:) Oh and dont forget the bushings.

Yeah, but when I lived in MI, I only had 17s and even then, I bent wheels. I dont even run my 19s in Indianapolis. Hopefully I move to Kentucky where the roads are like glass so I can put them back on.

Cool paint scheme. I remember honkeytonk monkey did a photoshop of my car like that about 4 year ago.

Could this be the one your talking about??
n20303248_32543393_3883.jpg

Last edited:
No reason to be scared of 20's I'm running 19's with svt struts and eibach springs. I never rub on anything except for the front inner fender occasionally when the wheel is cut all the way one direction or another. I will try 20's eventually I just dont know when it will be.

No reason to be scared of 20's I'm running 19's with svt struts and eibach springs. I never rub on anything except for the front inner fender occasionally when the wheel is cut all the way one direction or another. I will try 20's eventually I just dont know when it will be.

20's on an SVT? Isn't this like, unprecedented? This I MUST see.

Right now though, I want to see you SVT with the 19's on it... Where's your pics page/gallery?

20's on an SVT? Isn't this like, unprecedented? This I MUST see.

Right now though, I want to see you SVT with the 19's on it... Where's your pics page/gallery?
LiquidX did it before. His tires were RUBBERBANDS. Have fun if your car is a daily driver :laugh:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/650158

If you wanna see Icy's 19's go to the last page of the wheel thread at the top of the wheels forum.

Back