• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 liter!!! ha ha ha

I'm using SVT cams and LIM/UIM with a spankin new 3L bottom end and oval port heads with full port and polish from PnPheads.com (Kinger) that had the center valley welded and port matching for split port manifolds.

Not really a budget swap so I have an unfair advantage over the straight 3L :eek:

And it looks nice to boot!

So with your modified 3.0's what's your HP/Torque ratings, & mileage?
I just presume everyone is satisfied with the performance they are getting no matter how you did it.

So with your modified 3.0's what's your HP/Torque ratings, & mileage?
I just presume everyone is satisfied with the performance they are getting no matter how you did it.

I think you're probably right. At least no one complains that they have less power post-swap anyways :crazy:

I made 213/194 on a pretty conservative dyno (lowest reading around) and tune (12:1 AFR), average day. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=18396

Couldn't honestly tell you what I get for mileage since I don't drive the car daily.

My boosted 3L had the zetec final drive ratio and on the road trips I took it on I averaged just about 30mpg... sometimes up to 32mpg! When driving it hard under boost I got down to about 20 mpg. My current 3L with the stock final drive gets about 20city/25highway or so... My other 3L's were very similar as well.

I got this one for free...:laugh:
IMG_5777.jpg

My boosted 3L had the zetec final drive ratio and on the road trips I took it on I averaged just about 30mpg... sometimes up to 32mpg! When driving it hard under boost I got down to about 20 mpg. My current 3L with the stock final drive gets about 20city/25highway or so... My other 3L's were very similar as well.

Now there's an idea most people don't think about, the final drive ratio. How did you do that, does it just fit no mod needed?

Hey, Tozovr When are you planning on putting in that 2nd steering wheel mod I've been hearing about. That would be pretty sick in your car especially if your replaced those round wheels whith some hexagon ones. :)

Hey, Tozovr When are you planning on putting in that 2nd steering wheel mod I've been hearing about. That would be pretty sick in your car especially if your replaced those round wheels whith some hexagon ones. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i personally ran into this problem. i put my zetec final drive in my tranny and it whined like an old fire truck. diff was shimmed properly so no one thinks it was from that. if you set my svt vs. zetec final drive on top of each other the zetec was just a tad bit larger diameter. i remember bill j asking me what year my tranny was when i bought mine so it might have something to do with it. ??????

Could you elaborate a bit?

not exactly, you should really ask Terry about it as he can explain it better as I can't remember all of the details that I talked to him about once.

all I can recall is there are different level/revistions of the input shaft iirc, and to swap focus final drives on one its straight forward and on the other you have to swap it to the early parts iirc, and those parts are obsolete...

i remember bill j asking me what year my tranny was when i bought mine so it might have something to do with it. ??????

not exactly .... I picked up a 2K SVT mtx and it had the early level parts in it, not the later as you would suspect, but HMS has seen early mtx's with later level parts ....

i personally ran into this problem. i put my zetec final drive in my tranny and it whined like an old fire truck. diff was shimmed properly so no one thinks it was from that. if you set my svt vs. zetec final drive on top of each other the zetec was just a tad bit larger diameter. i remember bill j asking me what year my tranny was when i bought mine so it might have something to do with it. ??????

Did you use all new gears? I've never been inside one of these but if the gear-setup procedure is like setting gears on a rear diff, then used parts from a different vehicle would certainly be an explanation for the noise.

Back