• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

a very shiney Turbo SVT inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
My car was in desprate need of the front suspension installed, a couple of people over at the tony packos meet commented on how akward my suspension sat. Rawburt had contacted me on possibly detailing his car for a fair price, instead I countered with "you install my front suspension, I will detail your car at the same time"

Sounded like a fair compromise. Showed up on saturday, and started going to town on turboburt's car.

Unfortunately I didnt think to take any before pictures. But according to rawburt he had never claybarred it, nor waxed it in an extremely long time.

I decided to be nice to do about 4 coats of wax. Unfortunately I am nearly out of my Zaino products, but I had just enough of the Z-5 to use as a base coat of wax to fill in fine scratches and swirls, which it did a brilliant job of.

Here is the the list of application:
1) Zaino Z-7 Car wash
2) Zaino Clar Bar
3) Zaino Z5
4) Meguiars NXT for a deep shine
5) Meguiars Stage 3 Deep gloss
6) Meguiars Quick Detailer for added shine and protection between washes
7) Meguiars NXT tire shine (which might I add is an excellent product)

Here is the result, I only took a couple of pics due to tiredness and laziness after spending 5 hours(ish) detailing a car

DSC00023Large.jpg

DSC00022Large.jpg

Thats just a little preview for yalls, I will leave the glamor shots to whenever he feels like doing another photo shoot.

This morning I decided to clean my tour up to show off the new suspension, so I added already to the preexisting zaino kit, a coat of NXT, a coat of Stage 3 deep gloss, and a finnisher of Quick Detailer. My god, the results are :drool:

DSC00027Large.jpg

Thanks again rawburt for doing 90% of the work on my front suspension. Might I also add, I cannot believe how much better this car handles with a simple upgraded suspension, and yes yes, I know my headlights are terrible, I am picking up some sandpaper tomorrow to see what I can do about them, really its just the passenger side thats terrible but meh, the car is still a work in progress

Last edited:
Happy with the detail, and yeah I havent waxed my car yet this year,

And doing a suspension after a long night of drinking sucks! replace that tie rod end asap.

ive found that the zaino clay bar sucks..

I found an alternative to it which is from the chemical guys, its a poly clay bar with their own spray lubricant. It worked WONDERS compared with the zaino bar and them telling to use water and zaino car wash as lubricant.

CLY_109-2.jpg

I was soo caught up with other peoples cars that I lost track of mine. I did detail a customers brand new GT3 :drool:. So finally I detailed my car this weekend, pics to come tomorrow, it looks :drool:

Oh and BTW Jared your tailpipe bounces when going down the highway. :D

I know :(

Tell that to Stazi's welding job, haha.

He told me he would fix it up next time im around livonia, which should be in 3 weeks. Im not insulting his work or anything I just dont think it was very strong of a weld. The rest of the exhaust has held up MIGHTY fine :)

ive found that the zaino clay bar sucks..

I found an alternative to it which is from the chemical guys, its a poly clay bar with their own spray lubricant. It worked WONDERS compared with the zaino bar and them telling to use water and zaino car wash as lubricant.

You are right though, I agree with the Zaino Clar bar being a pile of crap. Magic Clay is better than zaino's clay bar. Im going to give the mother's clay bar a wack, you get two clay bars, a small bottle of Mothers quick detailer and a bottle of clay lube for $28!

ARGH!!! heh heh.. Ill trade you for my stock Mysti rims..:laugh: :laugh:

You can have them, for the right price of course.

Last edited:
You are right though, I agree with the Zaino Clar bar being a pile of crap. Magic Clay is better than zaino's clay bar.

Try Clay Magic you dicklessic Emo!!
The clay magic is a lot cheaper than the others and works just as good as the Meguires bar. A lot of Autozones are actually starting to carry clay magic products...

Hey, how many times has Rawbutt dusted off his car since you've detailed it with the NXT???

PM me Emo, I might share a secret with you....

Last edited:
so are there new tires on it yet or what? :rolleyes:

Nope, after he got done detailing it I pulled it in the garage... Where it'll probably sit for awhile. I like the riv, I can actually drive it down the road and not have to worry about ripping off mirkos or power steering coolers. LOL, i should have some new rubbers for this weekend though. :cool:

No polish? weak.

I like Clearkote Quickshine and their claybar out of all the ones i have used.

Cars look good guys.

Alias, if you get a standard grill and new headlights your car will look pretty damn good.

No polish? weak.

I like Clearkote Quickshine and their claybar out of all the ones i have used.

Cars look good guys.

Alias, if you get a standard grill and new headlights your car will look pretty damn good.

I know, I want an SVT grille. I dont like the stock SE grille, I am working on fixing up my headlights, one of them is fine, but the other is super hazed.

The car looks good, but mixing Z with M, what's the world coming to:crazy:

Jared, its good to see you've come so long on this forum, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back