• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 liter!!! ha ha ha

i thought you guys would be happy guess not?:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Um, we will be happy for you as long as you got the DOHC VIN S Duratec 3L engine. We will have no pitty on you if you got the 3L SOHC Vulcan Engine. Mayeb you can do the first ever vulcan engine swap?What year and if you have the ebay link post it up... And if you get the swap done, you'll love it. I'm like a 3L Fanboy...

i got it from lkq

i got it from lkq

its a dohc! 3.0 liter!
it`s not the vulcan motor !
you guys scared me for a second i though i might have bought the wrong motor .....
well it is a 2004 ford taurs motor 3.0 liter duratech dohc!
thank god!!!
that`s the right one to get ???
so i have been told!
uhm also i heard the 04 tarus motOR WAS easyer to put in because of fuel rail and upper intake manifold fabs that would hae to be done instead i was just going to put my svt upper intake manifold on my 3.0 liter and also use the intake sytem from the svt 2.5 i already have now!
also i was going to use the svt cams for the 3.0 liter i have heard doing it this way was easyer and i will get alot more torque????

i have been very excited about this!!

i have been very excited about this!!

i can`t wait at all !!! i am also getting the quafe i believe is how it`s pronounced diff lsd !!! from a buddy of mine!!

uhm also i heard the 04 tarus motOR WAS easyer to put in because of fuel rail and upper intake manifold fabs that would hae to be done instead i was just going to put my svt upper intake manifold on my 3.0 liter and also use the intake sytem from the svt 2.5 i already have now!
also i was going to use the svt cams for the 3.0 liter i have heard doing it this way was easyer and i will get alot more torque????

Sounds like you have a lot of researching to do. You can't "just put the 2.5L intakes" on and call it a day. Unless you're getting the Nautilus LIM, there is some modification required to make the 2.5L intakes work.

Also maybe use a few less exclamation points and question marks :crazy:

theyareontome.gif

i can`t wait at all !!! i am also getting the quafe i believe is how it`s pronounced diff lsd !!! from a buddy of mine!!

its not a true LSD, true lsd's have plates, the quaife or torsen has gears.

Its actually an automatic torque biasing differential.

First of all, the 04 engine is not "setup" for the direct bolting on of your lim from ur csvt(I know, i have one). Its called Port Matching and it ain't easy when you don't know how to do it. Secondly, as long as you know how to retime your engine then you can swap to svt cams but you will need all of the timing equipment from the csvt 2.5L. You also need to grind down two very important items.Have you done your research?:shrug:

its not a true LSD, true lsd's have plates, the quaife or torsen has gears.

Its actually an automatic torque biasing differential.

there are different types of LSD's. the most common is the plate style LSD. there is also a viscous style LSD and, what the torsen and quafe are, the gear style LSD. it is in Automatic Torque Biasing Limited Slip Differential.

Last edited:
I wish 3.0L engine's were this cheap overhere in the uk and this readily available to. Wonder what it would cost to get one shiped over from here (usa) to the uk?

I wish 3.0L engine's were this cheap overhere in the uk and this readily available to. Wonder what it would cost to get one shiped over from here (usa) to the uk?

Several years ago, I looked into having the AWD parts from a Sierra XR4x4 shipped over to the US from the UK (Transmission, driveshafts, differentials) basically a pallet the same size as you would need for an engine, and it was approx. $650US, and no doubt more now as shipping prices in general have increased.

also i was going to use the svt cams for the 3.0 liter i have heard doing it this way was easyer and i will get alot more torque???? LOL.... ya right!

Forget that crap keep the 3L a 3L, adding SVT parts to it just causes problems and gives NO benefit. The 2.5L parts installed on it are smaller in port sizes, and most of all DON"T FIT properly. SVT cams, why the 3L's are better for the 3L. The 04 you got is better and larger than the 2.5L SVT and if you install it as a complete motor you'll be $$$'s ahead.

You are beyond SVT now do the research, and do it right, most importantly do it only once....

my 2 cents,
AF

also i was going to use the svt cams for the 3.0 liter i have heard doing it this way was easyer and i will get alot more torque???? LOL.... ya right!

Forget that crap keep the 3L a 3L, adding SVT parts to it just causes problems and gives NO benefit. The 2.5L parts installed on it are smaller in port sizes, and most of all DON"T FIT properly. SVT cams, why the 3L's are better for the 3L. The 04 you got is better and larger than the 2.5L SVT and if you install it as a complete motor you'll be $$$'s ahead.

You are beyond SVT now do the research, and do it right, most importantly do it only once....

my 2 cents,
AF

this is your oppinion. do some research before you do your swap this way you can find the pros and cons of the svt parts on your 3L. i went 3L with svt cams and uim,lim. i like it just do some research to see if this is what you want.

Back