• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour/SVT spring get-together 4/19/08

It's a contour meet not a mustang meet. Problem solved. :laugh:

Hey, he said it might be a joint SVTOATC cruise, so in that case i think the mustang will win out. But if its just CEG meet then the controur goes. I didnt get to drive the mustang at all last summer because of the motor swap so im itching like mad to drive it again :)

:p

Last edited:
I need a new clutch before I can do anything - hell, I can barley get the car to move forward from a complete stop...

Well I'm there in the Contour. Hoping to see at least 5+ Contours. More would be nice.

grenade, i have tried hanging out with the SVTOATC guys but if you don't have a cobra, they dont want to talk to you. in that club there are only a few cars that are near stock, and in comparisons, i have done much more to the contour and know it much better than they know their cobras, but they don't see that. they just dont like the contour SVT or something. i'll be at your meet, but its gonna be pretty sad if everyones all into them now, suddenly, since a cobra owner has one. blegh.

grenade, i have tried hanging out with the SVTOATC guys but if you don't have a cobra, they dont want to talk to you. in that club there are only a few cars that are near stock, and in comparisons, i have done much more to the contour and know it much better than they know their cobras, but they don't see that. they just dont like the contour SVT or something. i'll be at your meet, but its gonna be pretty sad if everyones all into them now, suddenly, since a cobra owner has one. blegh.

Yeah...I got that vibe too when I showed up at a Lakeville Ford show with mine... That is cool that those guys can all afford nice Cobras, Lightnings and Ford GTs but they need to realize that SVT made Contours and Foci as well. Some of the people in that "club" are a little snooty for my taste. The CSVT has always been the redheaded stepchild though...haha.

Tricker, I know some nice guys - I chat a lot with one of the director board members who is a very nice guy and the new assistant director wants to build a CSVT for the track - talking 3l swap and a torsen. He is a very cool guy - just need to find them...

Tricker, I know some nice guys - I chat a lot with one of the director board members who is a very nice guy and the new assistant director wants to build a CSVT for the track - talking 3l swap and a torsen. He is a very cool guy - just need to find them...
Thanks Kyle, Alot of the snooty Cobra owners are gone now, I think you guys should give the club a chance. As the new Ass Dir. I'll do whatever I can to make the club more appealing to a wider group of car owners. Especially the Contour and Focus people. But you have to show up first to see.

I would have to agree with Tyler as in the past when I've shown up to the SVTOATC stuff I am usually the only Contour in the crowd and no one really talked to me.

However maybe this time will be different. I'm always up to meeting new people. Plus who knows maybe I'll have my tune in so running on the dyno could be fun.

i had a couple guys from svtoa be cool to me. horsedreams was cool and very interested in my car when he saw it. i'm not counting the club out but i'm still pondering paying for my full memebership haha

I would have to agree with Tyler as in the past when I've shown up to the SVTOATC stuff I am usually the only Contour in the crowd and no one really talked to me.

However maybe this time will be different. I'm always up to meeting new people. Plus who knows maybe I'll have my tune in so running on the dyno could be fun.
More than likely, I will run on the dyno with the car untuned. I'm a little short on $ right now, so it will be interesting what a 3.0L swap with a stock tune will do with headers and off-road exhaust.

More than likely, I will run on the dyno with the car untuned. I'm a little short on $ right now, so it will be interesting what a 3.0L swap with a stock tune will do with headers and off-road exhaust.

I've had my car for over 1 year with a untuned 3L - granted my base tune was by far the smoothest, it is still running off the charts rich. This next weekend the car will get all the mods installed I've been staring at in boxes for far too long...

"off road" exhaust? lol. gutted cat? removed resonator? i know that car has a stock catback lol.

and it wont be too interesting, i bet i can find 15 dynos here from cars with the same setups. you'll be just shy of 200 WHP untuned.

It has headers, so the precats are gone, and the main cat is gutted. So off-road is the best name I can think of. If I make over 190 untuned, I would be very happy.

It has headers, so the precats are gone, and the main cat is gutted. So off-road is the best name I can think of. If I make over 190 untuned, I would be very happy.

All my cats are gone on the Cougar too... If you ever upgrade your catback I would be interested in picking up a completely stock SVT exhaust :)

Back