• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Saturday the 18th, 1 pm, canal park. What parking lot? And I hope it isn't busy as can be down there either.

... And I hope it isn't busy as can be down there either.

Me too. And I REALLY hope I have my car finished this week if not, EARLY next week. I need to get it driveable so I can work out the bugs (so far just the rear brakes - knock on wood) before this road trip. Hopefully they just need a good bleeding but I plan on repainting the calipers and rotors. Its taking me forever to get them to look as nice as the fronts do.

As long as the front breaks work, that is all that matters. Rear brakes are overrated. Speaking of breaks, I should check mine out and see how they are doing.

As long as the front breaks work, that is all that matters. Rear brakes are overrated. Speaking of breaks, I should check mine out and see how they are doing.

Lol this is true, but mine are squeaking really bad, when I go to put the ebrake on the handle pulls real far up but holds. Then when I let it off and apply it again it gets firm right away. I'm thinking the calipers are backing off too much and the pads are loose in there. Either I need to bleed them or take them off and see if I can find a problem with them. Still have fronts though ;)

Ran from the Range down to Duluth, up the North Shore to Tofte, back to Duluth and back up to the Range on Saturday. There are one or two nice spots on the scenic drive to Two Harbors that would be decent for pics. Little rest stop areas that 5-6 cars can park with the lake behind it. Lake is still freazing, like usual. Anyone want to go swimming :) LOL

Ran from the Range down to Duluth, up the North Shore to Tofte, back to Duluth and back up to the Range on Saturday. There are one or two nice spots on the scenic drive to Two Harbors that would be decent for pics. Little rest stop areas that 5-6 cars can park with the lake behind it. Lake is still freazing, like usual. Anyone want to go swimming :) LOL

I've been up there before but I can't remember how far it is from Duluth to Two Harbors? I'll pass on the swimming ;) My girlfriend was up there in Duluth with friends last weekend and they were out on the beach and said the water was cold also. I don't think that lake ever warms up :laugh: too much freaking water.

Average temp of the lake is like 40 degrees or something crazy like that :) Two Harbors is about 25 miles from Duluth. But the spots aren't that far away.

Average temp of the lake is like 40 degrees or something crazy like that :) Two Harbors is about 25 miles from Duluth. But the spots aren't that far away.

That sounds good to me then! Just driving up there I don't know how much of that north shore drive I'd wanna tackle LOL :crazy:

That sounds good to me then! Just driving up there I don't know how much of that north shore drive I'd wanna tackle LOL :crazy:

Now that I think about it, that road would be GREAT to see what the SVT can do. Twists and turns like you wouldn't belive. We drove my fiances subbie, so I don't know how it would go.

I'll get you all on the straight aways :D

Maybe not so much on the cornering with my bald tires and stock suspension :shrug:

My new gauge blends pretty nicely with the other Ford Racing Gauges (made by Autometer anyhow) in my opinion...
oilpressuregauge.jpg

Last edited:
I'll get you all on the straight aways :D

Maybe not so much on the cornering with my bald tires and stock suspension :shrug:

My new gauge blends pretty nicely with the other Ford Racing Gauges (made by Autometer anyhow) in my opinion...
oilpressuregauge.jpg

As for the subie, you will have that threw the corners, in the straight, off the line and anything else you can think of. It is just a 96 Imprezza outback slushbox. LOL. Nothing special, but fairly industructable.

Did you tap into part of the engine itself to do that? Or is it hooked up to a another sensor? Cuase I would LOVE to have an oil presure gauge in my car but i don't want to start drilling holes into the oil pan/heads or where ever. LOL. I only have a vacume gauge on mine. It is mounted above the cupholders...came with the car. Don't know what the previous owners used it for. But there is also a button to the side of the shifter as well. So it might have been for nitrous...who knows. It is kind of nice to have the vacume guage though. Just fun to watch whenever I hit the gas....and nice to know if I ever get a leak.

This weekend I hope to pull the front seats and center console out so I can vacuum and shampoo. How difficult is it to remove the seats?

I would assume 4-8 nuts and that would be it for the seats. I tried once on my parts 95, and I have no idea for the center.

I would assume 4-8 nuts and that would be it for the seats. I tried once on my parts 95, and I have no idea for the center.

probably 4 bolts each on the seats. I'm sure there is at least one electrical plug for the seat belt indicator and at least one for the power seat (drivers side). The center console is just two small screws that are right behind the seat near the floor (dont forget them!) and the front just snaps in and out on the cupholder assembly. Then you'll have to pull the shifter back into like 2nd/4th/reverse pull the boot up off the center console. Pull the ebrake all the way up and slide the boot over the handle. Then as you're pulling the console out you have to turn the shift boot ring sideways and slide it through the console. Piece of cake.

As for the subie, you will have that threw the corners, in the straight, off the line and anything else you can think of. It is just a 96 Imprezza outback slushbox. LOL. Nothing special, but fairly industructable.

Did you tap into part of the engine itself to do that? Or is it hooked up to a another sensor? Cuase I would LOVE to have an oil presure gauge in my car but i don't want to start drilling holes into the oil pan/heads or where ever. LOL. I only have a vacume gauge on mine. It is mounted above the cupholders...came with the car. Don't know what the previous owners used it for. But there is also a button to the side of the shifter as well. So it might have been for nitrous...who knows. It is kind of nice to have the vacume guage though. Just fun to watch whenever I hit the gas....and nice to know if I ever get a leak.

I meant as far as our SVTs ;)

I used an existing plug yes, no drilling necessary. BUT the plug I used is way down behind the AC compressor so it's not really easy to reach. You would need to remove the belt and compressor then get in there with a allen key socket and ratchet to get the plug out (it's right next to the stock oil pressure dummy light switch).

Otherwise I've had it tapped into a hole in the rear head before that also worked and was easier to get at. Just that gave me weird oil pressures though like 10-15 when warm and idling about 50 when warm and over 4k rpms but over 100 when cold.

With this one where it is on my new engine I have about 35 at idle when warm and about 90 when warm and over 4k rpms :laugh: still over 100 at cold start up though.

This weekend I hope to pull the front seats and center console out so I can vacuum and shampoo. How difficult is it to remove the seats?
I pulled the seats outta my 96 when I had it and it was just four bolts. The rear two bolts are under those little plastic things. You just gotta unscrew those, then the bolts and voila! Seats out. Also the cable for the power seat to Im sure. I believe the seat belt things are connected to the floor, not the seat if I recall right.

Ive been gonna take my seats out too.... Hmmm Maybe I should do that this week while I have the time. I wanna get a pre 98 counsel but im broke:nonono: .... I hate having no money... I am taking donations:laugh:

Back