• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hittin' up the junkyard Tuesday morning...

Pre-98 stiques only had a chrome strip on the front bumper correct??

IIRC, Pre-98 stiques rear is same as post 97, front is what changed...

They had a pre-98 stique last time, idk what shape it was in though... I'll check for ya!

i was at my one today. LOTS of contours. pre-98's and post-98's. let me know what you need. i'm probably going back tomorrow. i also get things VERY cheap from there. my rear strut tower brace was $3.95

Pre-98 stiques only had a chrome strip on the front bumper correct??

IIRC, Pre-98 stiques rear is same as post 97, front is what changed...

They had a pre-98 stique last time, idk what shape it was in though... I'll check for ya!

yes only the pre98 has the crome strip ... mine is beat to hell, I swear the next car I see with a good one I am going to steal ...

there was an updated cupholder in a car last week, but its already been crushed. i went back the other day to pick it up. right where that tour was, there was now a whole fleet of new contours. none of which had the cupholders. and good luck finding a strut tower brace. those things are wicked hard to come by in a junkyard. i just got really lucky.

Brapple, they had a couple chrome strips that I would consider good, but none perfect. One was pretty close. They'd probably want like $5 for that... That would be my guess anyways. I didn't grab one b/c none were perfect and I didn't have any torx bits to pull the headlights...

Brapple, they had a couple chrome strips that I would consider good, but none perfect. One was pretty close. They'd probably want like $5 for that... That would be my guess anyways. I didn't grab one b/c none were perfect and I didn't have any torx bits to pull the headlights...

hmm ... well anyway on a pre98 you do not need torz bits to remove the headlights, they are held in with clips ... to get the strip off you also need to pull the bumper

how was the best one, mine has like have the crome pealing off and I have yet to see a mystique in local yards in my area

No 2.5 MTX's in the yard I go to... All either auto or 4cyl/5-spd

Brapple, you have a PM...

BTW, I scored a couple things... Scored a Focus emblem for the garage, aand something i've been looking for since I saw the SVT kitted mystique that had it... a Pre-98 Mystique front 'splitter'... They had a few more but I just grabbed the one. Idk if there's any interest here in them...

Also, in exchange for picking up Brad, he donated something that is polished and needs a little more port work to be fully complete... Maybe if you guys are nice i'll post a sneak preview pic... I just gotta decide whether to continue polishing it or if I want to paint it...

I should be going again in a couple weeks... But, my current project seems to be taking a lot more work than I expected so maybe later...

Ok, well see if you can get me:
  • Some of those little black screw covers that fit over the wiper cowl area.
  • A passenger side pull door handle in grey (has a cover w/ two screws underneath it).
  • A HVAC gauge panel face.

Ok, well see if you can get me:
  • Some of those little black screw covers that fit over the wiper cowl area.
  • A passenger side pull door handle in grey (has a cover w/ two screws underneath it).
  • A HVAC gauge panel face.

Matt, I have some of the black screw covers. I'll send some up to you.

more then likely, doesn't she go to a junk yard every weekend ?

Not every weekend but a lot.
My favorite time to go is in the winter when it's snowing, not many people around and it's so peaceful. I love the junkyard and will go any chance I get.
I do get to go a lot more when it's warm out. It's nice having a yard 10 minutes from me.

The mud is annoying. The BIG yard has stone, big stones, and that helps a bit.
The close yard is usually a huge mud puddle if I go after the rain.

Back