• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

99 mystique roof

sportracer

CEG'er
My roof is a little dinged up and is not worth fixing, and I was wondering if anyone new if a roof of a pre98 contour is the same. It looks like it would work, but I dont know off hand, without going to the junkyard and doing measurements. I only ask this because there are no post 98s around here.

You're going to cut the roof off to fix some dings? If they are only dings, why not just pop them out from the inside? :shrug:

They are more like large dents that cant be fixed. One of my buddies decided to lay on my roof while watching an outdoor movie. I caught it a little to late, and I found a perfect roof in the junkyard, car just came in so i was going to swap roofs, not to hard justs takes time.

sorry to but into your thread but.. i have the same problem i have some pretty big dents in my roof caused from hail damage. i was wondering if i shud pop them out and fill w.e i cant get out with bondo.. or is bondo not a good idea?. orrr..weld on a new roof?

a BIG dent especially on the roof CAN most likely be POPPED out, either by hand or by some dent removal people... Remove the headliner and see for yourself come on now.

ahah yeah but like theres all the dents and if i get inside and push up on my headliner they pop out and than when ur outside and push on them slightly they go back in. As if the roof is very thin. thanks

These dents are not fixable, I should know since I went to school for auto collision, but I am not sure if the pre 98s and the post 98s have the same roof, They look to be the same but i dont have a vehicle to measure. I guess ill just have to call a body shop

Back