• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Here You Go, My New Car

Sweet...G35 Coupe was my first choice. I just couldn't pass up the deal I got on my MS6.

Hope she runs well for you...

I will add this however to get it out of my system, I sold the car, however the asking price and what resulted in the end, I felt insulted by in and the way it was sold. The things wrong with the car (notably AC has a leak and needs a recharge every summer, no biggy to me) was looked more into then all the other mods done to it.

Dude, it sounds to me like you seriously have no idea what SVT Contours are worth nowadays - which is pretty much jack!

All said and done i could have bought a BMW for what i spent on my car and modifications (atleast 10k in mods, and 20k for the car + loan - but who's counting) and I got $3500 for it. Unless you got like 2 grand for it you shouldn't be insulted.

Still, congrats on the new car. A friend of mine who runs a dealership offered me a Black 05 with 19" rims (black with chrome polished lip) and every option for what they gave the guy on trade - which was nothing. But it was an auto, and i've no use for an rwd car in the winter time. I still like em though.

Exactly! I told you to part that bish out! Thats why I started pulling stuff off mine. Since you basically get squat (everyone knows mods are worth NOTHING in resale) for mods, take 'em off and sell them separately. My car was cheap, but I would have gotten the same price whether it was in decent condition with mods or decent condition without them. I took 'em off, and after reselling those am getting WAY upwards of my asking price. Obviously some stayed, but the easy ones are in my garage or on a different car now.

Mods are worth jack!

Yep. If you didn't pull the mods off it's your fault. They really don't mean anything to a buyer IMO.

that is also why you don't sell a car to close friends or family, your going to hear about everything that goes wrong with the car ...

that is also why you don't sell a car to close friends or family, your going to hear about everything that goes wrong with the car ...

Yeah, when I heard it was going to someone local, I kinda cringed.
Unfortunately it changes your relationship with that person.

He may hear about problems through CEG, but I will never directly complain to him about anything. A sale is a sale and is final. If I have problems, then it is not his fault and I will never put the blame on him for anything.
Now, Haroon was trying to show off his new car, not hear everyone's opinion's on the sale of his old vehicle.
So let's try to keep opinions about the sale of the vehicle to ourselves and bring this back on topic.

Looking good Gooner. I always knew you'd get a cool(er) car.

But, I also hate you for not going to SZ!!

Funny story, SZ '01 (I think it was 01. The one with the miss-spelled t-shirt). NECEG caravan was supposed to be me and BOS SVT, who had a green SVT at the time. Well, he sold the SVT a few weeks before SZ and got a silver WRX, and broke it in on the way out to Kalamazoo!!

So, you have no excuse.....

Congrats on the car Goonz. You've just convinced me to get rid of mine. Now I just need to get down to Florida to get my in-between car.

Looking good Gooner. I always knew you'd get a cool(er) car.

But, I also hate you for not going to SZ!!

Funny story, SZ '01 (I think it was 01. The one with the miss-spelled t-shirt). NECEG caravan was supposed to be me and BOS SVT, who had a green SVT at the time. Well, he sold the SVT a few weeks before SZ and got a silver WRX, and broke it in on the way out to Kalamazoo!!

So, you have no excuse.....

Unless it's still f'ing SNOWING on the way to SZ this year, the 'Stang will be the ride of choice for me.

nah it won't snow.
It WILL rain though. You can bank on that. It ALWAYS rains on the way out.
Sometimes it's not even worth detailing your car before leaving because you'll have to clean it all over again when you get there.

I think Detroit ' 04 was the only year with crap weather and that was at night. Seems to always be nice for us. Knocks on wood. We deserve it this year for the crap we've endured.

Yeah, once we get out there, the weather is always awesome. We truly get lucky every year with that.
I was talking about how us east coasters always collide with a stormfront on the drive out.

Last edited:
I never beat on my cars..I dont even know how to do a burnout nor do I ever want to know.

I resurrected the #09 to what it is now. It was nothing when I had it, and I transformed it to EVERYTHING it can be.

I will add this however to get it out of my system, I sold the car, however the asking price and what resulted in the end, I felt insulted by in and the way it was sold. The things wrong with the car (notably AC has a leak and needs a recharge every summer, no biggy to me) was looked more into then all the other mods done to it. I was shocked by the way it was going down and I wanted to back out of the deal because I was soo insulted. They obviously dont know what it is to do all that I did to a car and ask a REASONABLE price for it, then have someone else look at the AC and ask for a $600 discount makes me feel like all that I did to my car was pretty much nothing. Im sorry but nothing against Bob or his father and no bad feelings, I felt insulted by the way you guys over looking everything else I had done to the car. Im over it but I dont think it will ever sit well with me the way I sold my pride car. I just wanted to vent that off, and as I said, no bad feelings intended..

wow, i cant believe i read that...that came off pretty harsh man, if the deal wasnt what you wanted ya shoulda went elsewhere...but #0009 is in great hands and you now have the car you've been talking about since i think i joined this site! so again congrats to both

Back