• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can't stop thinking about driving

Desiato

Hard-core CEG'er
I can't stop thinking about driving since purchasing my (stock) SVT Contour six weeks ago. I love everything about driving this car. I've read a lot of reviews of the SVT on automotive sites online over the last year, and almost every reviewer absolutely loved the SVT Contour -- now I know why.

This car has completely met my expectations. No disappointment at all.

But snow is coming, and I have more or less decided to store it for at least one winter. It was previously driven in Indiana, so it is very clean compared to seven and eight year old cars up here with our salt and sand in Ottawa.

At least I have my 95LX to drive. I still really enjoy driving this car too.

Agh, can't stop thinking about my cars! help!

Just go for a drive get it out of you system. When I purchased my SVT I went on drives just for the hell of it, and I still do. If I felt like going for a drive I just got up and did it, unless I was stuck in class then the drive was my reward.

I know how you feel. I'm stuck in the city and take the subway to work - by the time evening rush hour traffic subsides, I'm all relaxed on the couch and don't feel like going for a drive. But every day when I'm sitting at work I get this strong yearning to get out and drive!

I know how you feel. I bought an 03 cobra about 4 weeks ago and I really want to drive it as well. To bad winter is coming. I just get an urge and I go and clean her up and if its nice and dry out I take her out. I dont know what I am going to do during the long cold winter.

i know the feeling... when i first got the CSVT i would sit at work and look out the window at it not being able to wait to get out just to drive home lol

and i was just learning to drive a stick then so i wasnt even doing any sporty driving

i know the feeling... when i first got the CSVT i would sit at work and look out the window at it not being able to wait to get out just to drive home lol

and i was just learning to drive a stick then so i wasnt even doing any sporty driving
. :laugh:

The only reason I hate the cold is because my wheel bearing is on its way out.. my struts are dead,.. and a thousand other little creaks, rattles, and squeeks come out as soon as the temp goes below 40 :nonono: I drive the SVT straight through winter.

hell....i cant wait to drive the Zetec ATX sitting in my driveway! these are GREAT cars. all the friends that ive let drive my car all love it, even ones with HiPo sports cars....and that makes me feel gooooood hahah

w00t!!1!

Ahhh went for a ~125 mile drive today between 8PM-11:30. Was nice, I needed to get out after following this thread the past few days.

(if you're a map junkie, from Somerville I took Rt 2W to 128S/95S to 95S to 495N to 90W to 395S near Worcester, then turned around and did 90E to 128N to 2E back to Somerville.)

Last edited:
Back