• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My part time job (nice garage)

How is it bragging when you are speaking about your neighbor?!

And futhermore your post sucks! So he sold his cobra for a Ford GT he never got...ya don't say! :rolleyes:

thats just it i wasnt bragging and i didnt want anyone to think i was. and as far as the GT, he sold the cobra and was getting ready to sell his ferrari but he could not part with it. but he is a real car collector. tahts all sorry for the misunderstanding.

How is it bragging when you are speaking about your neighbor?!

And futhermore your post sucks! So he sold his cobra for a Ford GT he never got...ya don't say! :rolleyes:

lol!! There's a local guy that has TWO Ford GT's in his 11 car stable!! He drives his black one EVERYDAY! :eek: He told my buddy, who is his service advisor at Ford, to drive it back to his house so he could pickup his Lambo. I don't know what the guy does, but I WANT IN!!!! :laugh:

Mark

The drool phase has worn off, its work now. I was dying to quit working on the slant nose and get on the indy car, now Im dreading the indy car. I was excited about working on the engines, but the 45 y/o rusty hemi cured that ill. The last two days have been spent swapping rear halves on the indy car, except not the whole thing. Some parts are staying, some are going, all need to be cleaned, safety wire is poking holes in my fingers, and when I get it all done I get to take it apart and get it powdercoated. I have a lot more to do. I will say, at least the car has been taken care of. Only very minor problems with rust or corrosion, but in general everything is as you would expect for a race car. My "boss" may have not had time to get it all put together, but he made sure nothing rusted just sitting there.

Right now Im dying to get into the red drag car. It hasnt been driven yet, ever. It needs a few small things to get going.

Even though its work, its still awesome. Id rather bust balls doing this than bust balls doing ________ .

lol!! There's a local guy that has TWO Ford GT's in his 11 car stable!! He drives his black one EVERYDAY! :eek: He told my buddy, who is his service advisor at Ford, to drive it back to his house so he could pickup his Lambo. I don't know what the guy does, but I WANT IN!!!! :laugh:

Mark

Chances are it's not legal. I used to get all jealous over other folks' rides but I've had my Porsche for about 15 yrs and for the last 3 it's just been sitting under the cover in the garage. It needs a top-end rebuild and I've kind of lost interest. I was always worrying about where I parked it and, frankly, the Contour, although not as much fun, is a much better handling car and I don't worry about it. Maybe I'm just getting old?

That said; :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Back