• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Here You Go, My New Car

How are you breaking in the engine then? Some say to beat it like a red headed step child, others do what the dealer tells them to do.

drive it as you regularly would (I dont beat on it or drive it hard) but I do need to get the oil changed after 3K miles..after that its 5K miles..

actually Todd they clip right off, I did them on my brothers car, took a minute, literally :)

skyline_lenses_pm.jpg

Last edited:
Thats why you always keep the stock parts and just part everything out after your done with the car. Way easier than selling a modded car.

Or burn the car!!!! :shocked:

Get Down Goonzie Brown!!!
She's looking sweet mang.....
Great car!

Voice my opinion about the sale of your car?
No?
Too bad...

That stuff was worth so much to you cause you did it. It's only worth that to you, not someone buying the car... Just like the aesthetics were important to you, the mechanical (Including A/C was important to the new owner).

But be happy man, looks like you still made out good mang....How long before the Zaino bugg hits in G35ville?

Last edited:
SVT developed our cars, so we must all drive Ford GT's and Cobras right..:rolleyes:

The 2.5 L and 3.0 L V6 Duratecs are evolutions of the same design, first used in the 1994 Ford Mondeo. It is a modern aluminum DOHC V6 with a 60° bank angle. The primary engineering input came from Porsche, who were developing a similar V6 before selling the engineering to Ford, and Cosworth, who helped with cylinder head manufacturing.

I'd really like to know why there are so many gay secrets in this thread. Why is it secret how much you sold the SVT for? And why is it a secret how much you bought the car for??? Something is fishy in here. I know you intern job doesn't make that much...

Last edited:
SVT developed our cars, so we must all drive Ford GT's and Cobras right..:rolleyes:

I won't have an SVT till tomorrow but:
The Mondeo V6 is a modern aluminum DOHC V6 with a 60° bank angle. The primary engineering input came from Porsche, who were developing a similar V6 before selling the engineering to Ford, and Cosworth, who helped with cylinder head manufacturing

From Wiki.

CSVT1214 beat me too it..dang nab it. But we are highjacking this thread. My bad yo!

Last edited:
because Rawburt, it's nobody's business what you pay for stuff, or what your salary is, etc.
It's just one extra thing for people to criticize, and people are experts at that on this board.

btw Haroon, are we even somewhat successful at guilting you into attending SZ yet?
If you say no, well then Elky and I have conjured quite the elaborate plan to kidnap you. Be ready.

because Rawburt, it's nobody's business what you pay for stuff, or what your salary is, etc.
It's just one extra thing for people to criticize, and people are experts at that on this board.

btw Haroon, are we even somewhat successful at guilting you into attending SZ yet?
If you say no, well then Elky and I have conjured quite the elaborate plan to kidnap you. Be ready.

does it involve a boston "tea(bag) party"?

Haroon did say once that I make orgasmic tea.
hrm...

your tea is amazing Kim! :D

Rawburt, Kim is right on with what she said. Its frankly no ones business on what I sold my car for and what I bought my car for. If you are itching to know what I paid, then go to Infiniti's website and build a fully loaded G-Coupe :shrug:

Nothing harsh or bad against you, but I find it rude when I am asked my salary and etc..and told that I dont make as much to afford this car, who are you to assume that? Its an intern that for me will turn Perm. If you want to know what I paid and sold my car for, then you can PM me..

but I find it rude when I am asked my salary and etc..

That means you don't make enough then. People who are happy with their salaries have no problem slurring out numbers. Trust me, I know how it is...

Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude either. But myself, and I'm sure others would be really interested to see what a lightly modded high mileage SVT sells for.

Back