• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gauge Color Change, Offical GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my gauges yesterday, installed and calibrated them tonight. Amazing quality work on these gauges. Highly recommended for anyone interested in them. They look awesome!

Blows S&H gauges out of the water! :cool: :laugh:

not mine, it took me forever to decide what color lighting I want. I decided to go with 660nm red led's as it's a nice darker red. Problem is that I can't find 3mm in 660nm :cry:

So I'm stuffing all my switches with 5mm led's. Also, to get even lighting, I'm gonna remove my gauges again and just run a buttload of led's in series behind them instead of just those 5 spots. I got a ton of free led's from work :cool:

Time to whore my gauges(needs a bit of fine tuning but I couldnt wait)

I used 14 LED's 5mm(5 for the big ones, 2 for the small ones), 660nm Red, 2800mcd, sanded down with a nail file for light diffusion. Tops of needles colored in with a red sharpie.

DSC00374.jpg

(I hate that stupid 100-110 spot)
Might as well whore these too, Mondeo gauge trim rings straight from Germany!

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

Thanks again matt!

The 100-110 spot is caused by the little plastic thingy that transports light to the speedometer needle. I tried busting it off, and it fixed the problem, but the speedo needle doesn't really light up after that. Kind of a catch 22.

The other thing I notice in the picture... look at the red of the gauges compared to the red of the brake light... it looks more like orange. Shows the difference between real red and fake red.

if i wanted you to do a second tach(removed for another clusted) what would the charge on that be?

What is the turn around time on this?
My car is currently undergoing a heart transplant and will be out for another 2 weeks.
If I could have the cluster back by then, I am in !!!

Out of curiousity, what do your colors look like during dusk? I've noticed that due to the white gauges, when it's not quite dark out but I turn my lights on, I can't read my gauges at all.

so agian to clarify for me- so i send u my faces u scratch the green off and send back the given number of the leds and the faces for $$. any idea how many volts are saved when doing this??

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, what do your colors look like during dusk? I've noticed that due to the white gauges, when it's not quite dark out but I turn my lights on, I can't read my gauges at all.

that's normal and its even mentioned in the SVT supplement to the owners manual, just need to dim the lights some ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back