• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

im curious... that front end that you took from a scrap yard... Did you have to cut it off? or is it a bolt on kind of part?

Too much speed + youth = no control over car, car goes off road, nearly kills him, could have killed others. I just hope he's learned from it.
captain.obvious.jpg

Um before you start making assumptions, did a dodge caravan, or something like that, cut off and then stop infront of a F150. And the F150 hit the Caravan, and then he hit the truck?

I know this happned a few months ago, but I'm too lazy to go back and read the whole thread, but I"m pretty sure he was not even 50% at fault.

Captain obvious to the rescue? I'm not the one that admitted to speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.

Zero... I think it's time to get the glasses updated. ;) I was responding in regards to what was said about donradeon's accident, not Mike's accident.

Captain obvious to the rescue? I'm not the one that admitted to speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.

Zero... I think it's time to get the glasses updated. ;) I was responding in regards to what was said about donradeon's accident, not Mike's accident.
Um you're the one who said "I hope he's learned from it" as if it were possible for me to not have learned from it, considering I have no car now and my insurance got jacked up? Thanks for the advice Coach!
By the way, what does speeding and not wearing a seatbelt (which by not wearing one actually saved my life), have to do with what you said "Youth + No Control Over the Car"? Your statements make a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Um you're the one who said "I hope he's learned from it" as if it were possible for me to not have learned from it, considering I have no car now and my insurance got jacked up? Thanks for the advice Coach!
By the way, what does speeding and not wearing a seatbelt (which by not wearing one actually saved my life), have to do with what you said "Youth + No Control Over the Car"? Your statements make a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Ok, you really want to do this, don't you.

There are people who couldn't care less that they destroyed their car in an accident. There are people who don't care how many cars they hit because they weren't paying attention, or just flat out can't drive. At least I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, hoping you would, in fact, learn from this. You got EXTREMELY lucky that you could walk away from that crash. Not everybody would learn from this.

And, it's not just YOUR insurance that gets jacked up from this. Every accident, combined, raises the rate for EVERYbody in this state.

Lastly, your reading comprehension fails. Youth brings along with it a sense of immortality, and a sense that you really know better than people who are older than you. Like lawmakers. When they post speed limits and pass seatbelt laws. Wearing a seatbelt is not only smarter and safer, it's also illegal to drive without one in MA. So you were in clear violation of the law twice and posted about it. Should the local authorities read this forum, you've just admitted to another violation on top of speeding. Not wearing a seatbelt didn't save your life. The fact that you weren't thrown from the car is a lucky shot. There's a reason why they're mandatory equipment in every car. To anyone OVER the age of 19, my statements make plenty of sense. People asked what happened to your car. A combination of youth (that you can drive "way too fast" while not wearing a seatbelt) and lack of control of the car (you went out of control and crashed) added up to this crash.

As was said in the other thread, grow a pair, and own up to what you did instead of lashing out at those that are calling you out on it.

There are people who couldn't care less that they destroyed their car in an accident. There are people who don't care how many cars they hit because they weren't paying attention, or just flat out can't drive. At least I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, hoping you would, in fact, learn from this. You got EXTREMELY lucky that you could walk away from that crash. Not everybody would learn from this.

And, it's not just YOUR insurance that gets jacked up from this. Every accident, combined, raises the rate for EVERYbody in this state.

Lastly, your reading comprehension fails. Youth brings along with it a sense of immortality, and a sense that you really know better than people who are older than you. Like lawmakers. When they post speed limits and pass seatbelt laws. Wearing a seatbelt is not only smarter and safer, it's also illegal to drive without one in MA. So you were in clear violation of the law twice and posted about it. Should the local authorities read this forum, you've just admitted to another violation on top of speeding. Not wearing a seatbelt didn't save your life. The fact that you weren't thrown from the car is a lucky shot. There's a reason why they're mandatory equipment in every car. To anyone OVER the age of 19, my statements make plenty of sense. People asked what happened to your car. A combination of youth (that you can drive "way too fast" while not wearing a seatbelt) and lack of control of the car (you went out of control and crashed) added up to this crash.

As was said in the other thread, grow a pair, and own up to what you did instead of lashing out at those that are calling you out on it.

Very well said. Quoted for posterity.

Pretty sick of this ****ing argument, so here we go again.

If I didn't 'grow a pair' and 'own up' to what I did, then why would I bother even posting my story online? The fact that the metal protruding into the driver's area simple shows that had I been restrained in my seat I would have suffered severe skull injuries if not at least a fracture and concussion (therefore potentially ending my life). I never said that I knew more than those older than me, never once did I make that statement or even HINT at it. Never once did I say I was 'immortal', I know very well the consequences of my actions and that no one has the inability to be hurt in one way or another. I'm not 'lashing out' at those 'calling me out' on it, because no one should be 'calling me out' since I'm not hiding about it. My statements saying I'm sick of being asked if I 'learned a lesson' are exactly that: I'm sick of hearing "did you learn from it" because LIKE I SAID it's pretty obvious I did since I SAID THAT I DID.

I don't want to have to use caps-lock and big letters to get my point across. Stop trying to act like because you're a few years older than me you're so much more holier and rightous than I.

I'm sick of fighting with everyone, god dammit people, I thought I was the immature one but when no one drops the argument the evidence doesn't prove that.

All right you jackasses, knock it off.

This is my thread and don't get it locked for arguing. Take it somewhere else.

Now, let's recenter the focus on me crashing my car, please? And don't make me bring out the pimp hand again!!! Yes, that's 3 exclamation points to show my serious face. grrr!!!

All right you jackasses, knock it off.

This is my thread and don't get it locked for arguing. Take it somewhere else.

Now, let's recenter the focus on me crashing my car, please? And don't make me bring out the pimp hand again!!! Yes, that's 3 exclamation points to show my serious face. grrr!!!

sorry

Back