• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

you know I will. :eek:

I'll be home in the morning and since my dad has a shift at the fire dept, I might have to do some crabbing on the river by the house.

After that, work will begin.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. But I thought that's something like dinosaur fore arm. :)

More Cypress Knee action. I'm 6'1"-ish.

P1010254.jpg

EDIT: These things do tend to hurt alot when you're coon hunting and stumble across a bunch in the middle of the night in complete darkness.

More updated pics

More updated pics

Took a few pics along the way this weekend. I didn't get started working on the car until Sunday afternoon after church and stayed up until about 1 am. Then spent all day Monday working on it, taking the UIM and LIM to town to be repaired and welded back together.

All of the damage to the wire harnesses have been repaired and should hopefully not cause any voltage problems. I have a feeling there will be problems with the TB and MAF down the road, so a new harness will be waiting just in case. My dad had some other vehicles in the shop and between those and shifts at the fire dept, he wasn't able to really help this time around. But, the front end has been prepped for him to come behind me and do the sheetmetal work and get it all straightened out.

The engine seemed to have made it through ok. There was a concern with parts of the valve cover being shoved into the cams. I don't know how long the engine ran after the impact but it couldn't have been long. The glass was still cracking when I realized the motor wasn't running.
Of course, during my inspection, I found a few pieces of debris sitting around the valve springs. So the next time I'm home, the oil pan will be dropped and the motor flushed through to see what else may be in there. And a new, updated pan will be going back in it's place.

It won't be until the end of July before I can make it home again to continue work. After that trip, she should be about ready for paint, I hope.

So on with the pics.

P1010271.jpg

My new background. Hi-res available by e-mail if anyone else thinks it's cool. The gator was about 6 or 7 ft and that is small compared to others in the area.

P1010303.jpg

What I was greeted with. Lots of heavy pollen and a slight drought have more than left it's mark on the car while she was sitting.

P1010409.jpg

What's in the hole???

P1010441.jpg

P1010429.jpg

P1010431.jpg

P1010433.jpg

I like the pic of your truck on the railroad tracks, but that's not safe!! LOL :laugh: It looks really cool though. Glad you're finally getting a start on putting your SVT back together. Good luck with the rest of the project :cool: Can't wait to see it done!

Probably wont make u feel any better about your car, and I know this is an old thread, but at least yours was in better shape than mine is in now..

SVT%20005.jpg

Too much speed + youth = no control over car, car goes off road, nearly kills him, could have killed others. I just hope he's learned from it.

Back