• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

Sorry i'm late to the party. I didn't realize you were in a wreck. Glad to see everything seems to be working out well. I went through the same thing a couple years ago, so I know what you're going through.

Last edited:
Speaking of air bags not going off, my wife flipped her 01 Civic 5 times a few months ago. Completly totalled it... no air bags went off.

ah yeah, progress. Umm, well, not much.

The latest is that I had the court date last week and I was found not guilty and the case thrown out. Although the insurance company paid out everything from my policy and "can't find the statement from the driver that said he and his wife felt the impact from the truck and then heard me hit the truck". Hmm, interesting I'd say.

Well, they aren't raising my rates by that much so I'll stay with them. Others want 1500 every 6 months and the current company only wants 880 every 6. So still, not bad.

My dad(bodyman) got a good look at the car today amidst his busy schedule and the remaining sheet metal needed would run close to $700.
So at the moment I'm looking on E-bay for reciprocating saws so I can go cut off the front clip of a contour. I need the sheetmetal from the strut towers forward. As long it won't run me as much as new sheetmetal, used will be the way to go.

We talked about the new paint color the other day. I really want to go with the new Lexus Starfire Pearl for a complete color change. Dad balked at it because the color is a 3 stage paint and just in general difficult to work with. However, I think with a little convincing, he'll come around.

I'm going home in about 2 weeks to get things started. As long as I hit it hard for a few days, we should be able to get it far enough along to get it in the frame shop to straighten out the strut tower and fender apron. Once it's on the frame machine, we'll make sure that all the measurements are lined up and the car runs straight down the road.

EDIT: It's not that bad out of whack. But there is some crinkling in the drivers strut tower from the leaf springs of the truck hitting it.

Umm, no... the wheels are staying with the car. With the new color and interior the wheels will match up perfectly.

Last edited:
ah yeah, progress. Umm, well, not much.

We talked about the new paint color the other day. I really want to go with the new Lexus Starfire Pearl for a complete color change. Dad balked at it because the color is a 3 stage paint and just in general difficult to work with. However, I think with a little convincing, he'll come around.

Umm, no... the wheels are staying with the car. With the new color and interior the wheels will match up perfectly.

Damn, that paint color is sweet!!! It'll look better than the rare albino one that's around now an then.... What are you going with to do the interior, I see you stated that they will match perfectly...

God news! I'm going to be able to get all the sheetmetal I need for about $50 instead if the $700 it would have cost me.

This is ultimate bargain shopping. Oh, and I get to buy a new tool too. And even with all of that, it's still $600 cheaper than OEM. :crazy:

Thats a crazy good deal! good job!

God news! I'm going to be able to get all the sheetmetal I need for about $50 instead if the $700 it would have cost me.

This is ultimate bargain shopping. Oh, and I get to buy a new tool too. And even with all of that, it's still $600 cheaper than OEM. :crazy:

Here's the new toy.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=8821

First thing in the morning my victim is getting it's head lopped off. Someone was going through the contours recently and dropped alot of subframes looking for something but it seems that most of the stuff was left behind.

Well that's good news for me because now the front ends are in the air and for the most part the motors are sitting on the ground and out of my way.

I can't wait to cut the front clip off in the morning with my new toy.

Dewalt FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck with the rest of your rebuild. Can't wait to see it finished once again!

So get this, my new toy sucks the life out of the battery.

Fully charged 18v NiCad, I make a cut through the fender apron just in front of the strut tower and it goes through like a hot knife through baby fat. Or is it soy margarine?

Anyway, go to the other side and start my cut and get 4 inches down and the battery falls completely dead.

2 hours of removing everything from the front end, 10 minutes of cutting and I'm back home waiting on the stupid battery to charge again.

Why don't I have another battery? Because they are about $100 a piece.

I had roasted chicken for lunch

Last edited:
here is the only progress pic I have. A donor 99's nose. Suprisingly, that little chunk of steel must way 200 pounds easily. And I'll tell you that it's a ****** to carry up hill with the metal digging into your shoulder. Thank God though that a little Mexican came by in the junkyard truck and helped me carry it the rest of the way.

P1010139.jpg

Actual work on the car will not begin for another 10 days when I get home.

Dude, wtf is resting up against that blue bin? Looks like a bird leg or something.

Don't Hate!!!

Don't Hate!!!

Damn, that paint color is sweet!!! It'll look better than the rare albino one that's around now an then.... What are you going with to do the interior, I see you stated that they will match perfectly...

That "rare albino one" is my brother's old car and the second SVT in the world to get a 3L!!! It was one of the cars that started it all so don't put s**t down because we are all in this for the same reason, the love of the CDW27 platform!!

Man I hate it when people are *******s!!!!!!

That "rare albino one" is my brother's old car and the second SVT in the world to get a 3L!!! It was one of the cars that started it all so don't put s**t down because we are all in this for the same reason, the love of the CDW27 platform!!

Man I hate it when people are *******s!!!!!!

I said it would look better is all.... so why are you complaining? I didn't say I hated it or didn't like, just that the paint would look better..... settle down..

Back