• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So what are the fastest Contours running in the quarter mile on this board?

"nobody could duplicate what josh is doing"? i dont get that. people here have capable cars. they just need to stick some money into making it hook up, and not break things. i sure do hope someone gets into the 12's in summer 08 though!

i dont think anybodys really dedicated all their resources at making a full 1/4 mile car. i mean sure lsd's and lots of power are a right step...but theres more to it than that. and in my five or so years here i havent seen anyone do it.

That's because you ANSWERED the reason in the same sentence.

That would make it a "full 1/4 mile car" and it just.. well.. isn't one..

to make it in to one would take all of someone's resources, and would ruin the nature of the car.. you'd be taking what it NATURALLY does well, erasing it and spending GOBS of time/money to get it to "adequately" do something else, instead.

Nobody invests the time or energy to teach a bloodhound to compete in a high-dive contest. Its naturally good at what it does and the amount of effort it would take to forgo what it naturally does and make it do something unnatural would be immense.

How about you guys just have a race to see who can get to 12's faster. That way we won't be waiting around forever :shrug:. Lol, but seriously, by SZ?! That would be nasty.

i dont see why a 14.9 on a stock svt tour w/everything falling in line,like, /good track/good driver/good tire's cant be done:shrug:

HAHAH^^^^at this thread. My goal is to hit 13.50's without a tune. Mine went 13.98 and I still haven't done headers or exhaust work yet. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll go ahead and gut this thing too.

I have plans for another 'tour one of these days too. It WILL be a 10 second car and streetable. I am interested to see what Pole is up to as well. I have my suspicions.

Last edited:
It HAS been done.

By who? Any time slips? Not to be skeptical, but I just don't see it happening on a completely stock SVT. I guess with some good tires it could be possible but if a completely stock SVT can run a 14.9 a lot of people need to learn to drive.

Back