• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So what are the fastest Contours running in the quarter mile on this board?

By who? Any time slips? Not to be skeptical, but I just don't see it happening on a completely stock SVT. I guess with some good tires it could be possible but if a completely stock SVT can run a 14.9 a lot of people need to learn to drive.
i'm sure it was driven hard as hell and was a factory freak:shrug:

Knowing how to drive a car on the street and knowing how to drive a car at the track are two different things. It takes practice and lots of it to get the best ET's. Doesn't matter if it is a bone stock car or a modified one. Every car is different and figuring out what works the best takes time. Because the Contour is not a good platform for straight line racing, not many do it enough to get the best ET's. Just because one person may be able to click off a 14.9 in a stock car does not mean everyone should. Along with drive skill, there are also many other factors like track prep, air temperature, density, altitude, etc. I have seen some factory freak Mustangs run times that would even make my head spin.

That's a good point. I'm going to be looking for some lightweight 15" wheels and some sticky tires for the SVT this summer...

Although, I've already got 2 sets of wheels/tires in the garage plus the set that's on the car...

There are quite a few factors that affect the ET. I would like to know more about the car(s) that ran that.

I'm hoping to break into the 14's with the SVT this summer... But, considering i've never run it at the track, I don't know what to expect. I've run at the track before and posted some pretty good times, but that was in the Mystique which is a v6/atx... Unfortunately, the 95 blew up 2 days before it was going to the track. Well, the water pump went so I didn't end up going.

Where in your post did you say you weren't running a stock diff? :confused:

Well, currently I am running a stock diff so you can call me on that one. But that is next in my list of mods. I want to get a torsen or quaife in that trans before the crappy open diff makes me get an entire new trans...

So, right now i'm looking for either a good deal on a used trans with limited slip or finding good deal on a limited slip... Looks like either the quaife or the torsen are about the same price so I may end up going with the quaife due to its better torque biasing.

Although, I may be able to get the torsen locally so I have to look into that...

Back