• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran the Mystique this weekend. not happy

Oh yeah, I also thought that the reaction time doesn't do squat in the 1/4 mile time. You could sit there and not move for 30 seconds and your time won't start.....it doesn't start until your car moves.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I also thought that the reaction time doesn't do squat in the 1/4 mile time. You could sit there and not move for 30 seconds and your time won't start.....it doesn't start until your car moves.

Reaction time is how fast you move once the light goes green.

Cobra, you fail. I own a zetec with an intake and exhaust. It also has a cd4e. It is neither fast, nor impressive, but very reliable. On top of that, i can also pound it from a dead start with no issues, or launch from 3000 rpm like it was nobody's business.

Your zetec is a disgrace! :laugh:

Reaction time is how fast you move once the light goes green.

Cobra, you fail. I own a zetec with an intake and exhaust. It also has a cd4e. It is neither fast, nor impressive, but very reliable. On top of that, i can also pound it from a dead start with no issues, or launch from 3000 rpm like it was nobody's business.

Your zetec is a disgrace! :laugh:

I was talking about the bodykit, thus putting it under the "true show car" category.

And yes, my Zetec is a disgrace:blackeye:

my atx only stalled when it had a vacuum leak. fix it and it will take off no problem.

shouldn't do that; you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere, does your idle fluxuate?
My car is running rich. A vacuum leak indicates lean. I've been waiting for my rich CEL to come back actually...I'm theorizing that by pounding the gas pedal, the extra fuel being dumped in kills the engine. It does it when it's not in gear as well. HOWEVER, back on topic.

Custom, you launch at 3000k!? What the crap!? Neutral drop?

i was kidding about the 4k drop, lol. I hope custom is to... but 4k drop + 7k shifts the car is a little bit quicker, that extras thousand RPM's before shifting helps alot.

I was talking about the bodykit, thus putting it under the "true show car" category.

And yes, my Zetec is a disgrace:blackeye:

Eh, i wouldn't quite say show car. lol

It was dynoed at 117 hp at the wheels right after i got the intake on. Not too shabby for an auto transmission if i do say so myself.

If you think your car is a turd, then make it not a turd!

i was kidding about the 4k drop, lol. I hope custom is to... but 4k drop + 7k shifts the car is a little bit quicker, that extras thousand RPM's before shifting helps alot.

I was saying launch at about 3000 rpm with the brake and gas both going. Bad for the car, but yields the best results.

I can't imagine my car doing too well in a 1/4. It forces shift at about 6250-6500 RPM's and won't go any higher.

Eh, i wouldn't quite say show car. lol

It was dynoed at 117 hp at the wheels right after i got the intake on. Not too shabby for an auto transmission if i do say so myself.

If you think your car is a turd, then make it not a turd!

I was saying launch at about 3000 rpm with the brake and gas both going. Bad for the car, but yields the best results.

117 is not too bad at all!

I would make it not a turd if it weren't for my need to sell it:blackeye:

shift it by yourself. Probably not good for it, but the cars old and i was taking it off the road, decided to have some fun... IF you shift it exactly at 6800 you can spin going into second.

how do you get it to 3k holding the brakes? mine would go max for 2200 before it started moving.

shift it by yourself. Probably not good for it, but the cars old and i was taking it off the road, decided to have some fun... IF you shift it exactly at 6800 you can spin going into second.

how do you get it to 3k holding the brakes? mine would go max for 2200 before it started moving.

3k was an estimate. I don't have a tach so i go by sound. 3k is what i had assumed, but it could be closer to 2500, i'm not sure.

So that guy was running what a stock SVT runs in the quarter with a zetec? :rolleyes:

I know a guy that ran 14.7's with an SVT that drivetrainwise was entirely stock.

and I have to make an edit, the guy didnt run 15.2's in his zetec he ran a 15.7, I also will note he gutted his interior :D probably should have pointed that out from the get go.

My car is running rich. A vacuum leak indicates lean. I've been waiting for my rich CEL to come back actually...I'm theorizing that by pounding the gas pedal, the extra fuel being dumped in kills the engine. It does it when it's not in gear as well. HOWEVER, back on topic.

Custom, you launch at 3000k!? What the crap!? Neutral drop?

If you are experiencing a "rich code" as you say, and its "beyond the rich corrective limit" then that means you are running incredibly LEAN and the car is TRYING to make everything richer to compensate, but its at the point that it can't make it any more rich, thus you pop the "beyond the correction limit" code. Assumptive, I know, but still.

My atx zetec stique would stall to about 2.3-2.4 I can't quite remember. It helped but it was still stupid slow.

I had the same itch cobra, glad I scratched it.

wow, i got a lot of replies in the past day. alright, i was launching the car at 3500-4000 and shifting right around 6000-6250. The higher i launched it the better, except for the 5500rpm launch lol. I have a full interior in the car with every power option except for power seats. all i have done to the car is a straight through exhaust with a Thrush glass pack and hollowed cat, an intake, and Mobile 1 syn. oil. Are they really that bad of times? i thought it should have been running a mid or high 16

Back