• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran the Mystique this weekend. not happy

I know a guy that ran 14.7's with an SVT that drivetrainwise was entirely stock.

and I have to make an edit, the guy didnt run 15.2's in his zetec he ran a 15.7, I also will note he gutted his interior :D probably should have pointed that out from the get go.

I believe the guy who ran a 14.7 in the SVT had an air filter and borla catback

i shift at 6k cuz thats when the rev limiter kicks on. it rarely goes above 6000

well then your tach is very slow, it should go to at least 7 krpm ... now is there alot of beniefit from reving that high? not in my car as it stops really pulling around 6 krpm

i dont think my tach is off, cuz i'm lucky to hit 30 in first gear, but a few times it's revved up to 6500 and i've hit around 35. It goes back and forth, cuz in third gear i can get it up to 6300 sometimes.

your tach is off if your hitting the limiter and its only showing 6k.

i'm guessing my speedometer must be off too, cuz some of my runs i wouldnt get out of third gear and i'd hit 80, while in others i'd have to shift into 4th at about 76 cuz of the rev limiter

You probably just weren't keeping a careful eye on it, or your runs weren't being run exactly the same. The tach is pretty slow to react. The little electric motor that turns the needle is pretty weak and thus has a lot of lag time if the RPM's are climbing quickly.

no, wat i'm trying to say is that sometime the rev limiter kicks on at 6k and other times it'll go to 6500+. the car is weird. i watch the speedometer and there is a difference in the speed that i'm goin. i dont get it

no, wat i'm trying to say is that sometime the rev limiter kicks on at 6k and other times it'll go to 6500+. the car is weird. i watch the speedometer and there is a difference in the speed that i'm goin. i dont get it

what is your build date? I bet you might have a mechanical speedo and that could be off .... I know mine reads low at just about any speed ...

the speedo is right on, right as i was crossin the finish i was exactly at 80 every time i was watching. The speedometer is consistant with speed, the rev limiter isnt consistant with when it kicks on.

i wish i coulda taken in car videos...

Mods, am i able to send ppl in car videos through PM if its not on a track?

Back