• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ran the Mystique this weekend. not happy

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
took the car to the track for the first time and i wasnt impressed. best time of a 17.304 @ 79.90. my highest trap speed was 80.96 and my best reaction time was .140 and the worst r/t of .763 here are some pics of my slips...
DSCF2279.jpg

here is a list of all the times i ran...
DSCF2277.jpg

average time for the day...
DSCF2280.jpg

biggest loss of the day...
DSCF2282.jpg

that was an interesting run with the chevy 2.

the only car i beat was a 4cyl auto fox body Mustang. the rest of the cars were running 15.9 and faster, except for my buddies saturn. I dont think i did bad for my first time at a drag strip. what is everyone elses zetecs running?

You dummy, he OWNS A ZETEC!

No he doesn't. It's not cool and stock enough to be a real Zetec. Sheesh:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that once the car has been altered in any type of fashion that may be considered "major", it is no longer a Zetec. It is a true "performance" or "show" vehicle. Get your facts straight and use the search button. Gosh.

Post whores these days...:rolleyes:

Well in that case, I have an SVT Zetec :rolleyes:. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Betcha my car would BARELY crack into the 17's, lol. :laugh:

And mine will? The best way for me to take off is to hold the brakes, give it a little gas, let off the brakes, THEN floor it, lol.

Zetecs rule!

Ahh, yes. Loading the 'ol torque converter. I think mine would explode.

So, 95Mystique, what mods are done to that hotrod? You don't tell us much abou tthe car, and I barely ever see pics:help:

Ahh, yes. Loading the 'ol torque converter. I think mine would explode.

So, 95Mystique, what mods are done to that hotrod? You don't tell us much abou tthe car, and I barely ever see pics:help:
Well, just FEATHER the gas pedal, man! If you go from a total stop the stupid ATX has zero testicles.

has nothing to do with the motor, I knew a guy who ran a 15.2 in a STOCK mtx Zetec 95 contour.

learn to drive, consistent times just means you are adjusting the way you are driving, car is being consistent, driver is being consistent.

your reaction time kinda sucks too, but with a proper driving instructor all of these improvements can be made.

Well if I go from a dead stop and floor it, my car stalls. Stupid ATX.

shouldn't do that; you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere, does your idle fluxuate?

well to get back on topic I have a question. what numbers did you think you would run?

16~17 seconds seems about right for a zetec .... that is what I remember foci running ....

has nothing to do with the motor, I knew a guy who ran a 15.2 in a STOCK mtx Zetec 95 contour.
BS, thats almost as funny as an 11.5 second Contour SE with an ATX :laugh:

screw it, go balls out. 4k drop and 7krpm shifts :)

alias, i hope you mean 16.2, no way in hell a zetec hittin 15s stock, especially low 15s
ive done a 4K launch before, with the LSD and turbo it went like hell:crazy::laugh:

even 16.2 seems a little fast for a stock zetec, mid to high 16s are more likely. FWIW i was running ~16.4 with intake, exhaust, and UDP.

learn to drive, consistent times just means you are adjusting the way you are driving, car is being consistent, driver is being consistent.

your reaction time kinda sucks too, but with a proper driving instructor all of these improvements can be made.

has nothing to do with that motor, are you kidding me? if its been ragged out and beat to crap it isn't going to run like a freshly built motor ...

how many times have you been to the track? what where your reaction times? what is your basis for reaction times? iirc they have been determines or measured a few different ways. now if in this case a 0 or .1 is a perfect time then he did pretty good I would say ...

and I would say if your driving is consistant it wouldn't be changing ...

shouldn't do that; you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere, does your idle fluxuate?

So that guy was running what a stock SVT runs in the quarter with a zetec? :rolleyes:

Back