• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NPG Fenderwell Cold Air Intake pictures and review

id also love to do this, but being as low as rexx and also running no splash shields and undertray its a bad idea. I am now using a BAT pipe with a pud shield and based off the previous owners car with the intake setup, it only gets "warm" inside the shield vs hot to the touch. I could keep my hand on the metal surface no problem.

edit: i also cant imagine how fast and how dirty the filter would get....im not down to clean it once a week lol.

^ I would be curious what you IAT's are?? I bet its still way hotter than the outside air temps.

Oh and my front fender liners are still out...not good I know...just been too lazy to do the sway bar poly bushings and striker2 endlinks up front and then put the liners back in I guess...this week was WAY too hot for me.

Just in case somebody cares besides me...subframe connectors come...I did some welding and capping so water wouldnt rust them out....plus they look nicer. And I got plenty of bits and pieces here and on the way to whip this ol' CSVT of mine into shape! Starting to look like something.

^ I would be curious what you IAT's are?? I bet its still way hotter than the outside air temps.

Oh and my front fender liners are still out...not good I know...just been too lazy to do the sway bar poly bushings and striker2 endlinks up front and then put the liners back in I guess...this week was WAY too hot for me.

Just in case somebody cares besides me...subframe connectors come...I did some welding and capping so water wouldnt rust them out....plus they look nicer. And I got plenty of bits and pieces here and on the way to whip this ol' CSVT of mine into shape! Starting to look like something.

Not sure, havent tried it on my 3L yet as im still in the process of getting my car on the road (see my build thread in Eastern Canada forum) ...but better to be safe than sorry. I mean, if i wasnt so low, id slap fenderliners on and run this CAI but why would i do such a thing :laugh:

Fender liners are for 4x4s! lol

But seriously, I can just tell my IATs feel like around 150! Well, I don't know about that much lol. But like, just the feel of the car during acceleration between a cool night, and a day that's at like 98, it's retarded.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, if I can get away with making a make shift shield, maybe metal plating, to cover a pretty decent size to prevent water kickup as much as possible.

ok so im no artist, but im super handy around the shop, why doesnt someone make a piece like this ? if i had a CAI with no wheel liner this would be a must have...

NPGCAIFenderedit.jpg

^I agree. Of course my car aint LoooOOOOOWwww enough yet....so I can just put my liners back in and stop ••••ing around as they say. lol

yeah that would work good for driving only, and if you are dumb enough to hit a puddle deep enough to submerge it then you deserve to hydrolock lol

Needs m0ar filter... like this one:

5969473204_78052bfbf4_z.jpg

This is the filter I've ran on the Cobra for nearly four years now. I've removed the splash shield in this picture due to doing some work on the intercooler pump but I run it otherwise. The filter in this pic comes right down to the bottom of the splash shield... I've drove the car numerous times in the rain like this and never have had any issues with sucking water in, etc. If you run the factory splash shields there won't be any problems with running the NPG cold air as it sits a good bit higher than mine in the fenderwell.

That's a 4" X 12" S&B Powerstack filter for those that might be curious :laugh:

Shannon

After reading this i am goin to get a CAI! I have a short rame now and when my hood temps get hot what a difference. Hey Kilroy you said you had your cobra set up for 4 years now. Your bumper is touching your filter. :confused: I had filters get holes in them from rubbing things. Just a FYI!

Hmmmm we wrap exhaust pipe in insulation and aluminum tape for some of the big truck companies. Wonder how much colder we could make it?

3"...and somebody said it was stainless tubing??? I have one on my car (obviously) and its definately aluminum tubing with NICE TIG welds. lol Not sure who thought stainless....that would be expensive and heavy. Anyhow....not sure you would see any difference by wrapping the tubing...the outside air is what it is?? But maybe it would help with the engine bay heat soak on the tubing...so its worth a try...to hell if I know. lol

i think its a 3". Look it up on their website. nautilusperformance.com

The only sizing I saw was in there pic of the kit. The k&n said 3" I was asking cause I am gonna make my own. cheaper then what they sell theres for. I gotta a local guy for tubing pretty cheap, and access a mill to make the adapter plate!

Back