• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my 98 SVT Vs a 97 3.5l Intrepid

97vulcan

CEG'er
Just curious, what do people think? will my SVT win? would it be close? or would my friend win? :shrug:

Adam

I don't street race, thats why I was asking on the forum. I would hope I would win, but you never know, since the 3.5 puts out more power.

Thanks,
Adam

Umm you worried about your 2.5L 5 speed not beating an intrepid with a slushbox?

Something seems wrong with that:shrug:

Edit: Remember that SVT's are a high RPM motor and if you launch right with minimal wheelspin.... Shouldnt have ANY problem.

that brings something up. my friend has a 96 atomatic volvo with stock turbo everything is stock and im not sure what model. it might even be as early as a 93 but he say that its faster then my car? is this true havent seen him much this summer:shrug:

Year/Make/Model/0-60/.25 mile

1993 Dodge Intrepid ES 8.8 16.5
1994 Dodge Intrepid 10.3 17.5
1998 Dodge Intrepid 8.9 16.7
2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 7.8 16.0

I don't think you have anything to worry about. :cool:

Bet on the race???? Make some money or who ever loses pays for the track/drag day....

Looks to be a free day for you.....

- Amyn

i raced a charger 3.5 auto he was in front and he never pulled me but i never pulled him either

The R/T (which I assume comes with the Hemi) is only good for low to mid 14's. The SRT-8 Charger is good for mid to high 13's. So I imagine the 3.5 is probably closer to mid to high 15's.

I think the intrepid might give you a run for your money... my buddy used to have one, it wasn't that fast but it wasn't that slow either. Try it on a race track and video tape it so we can see

Back