• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Black A pillar guages?

Reebs

meester super sleuth
Hey guys,

I ordered my a pillar and I am ready to order my guages, but I don't know which ones to get. Everyone has white faced guages, but I don't want them to stick out too much with my Midnight blue gauge pod. Wondering if anyone has pics of black guages in a gauge pod in a contour!?!?

The wideband I am getting has interchangeable bezels and gauge faces, but for my boost and EGT I was thinking about these because they are cheap, but don't look too cheap. Plus auto meter has a pretty good reputation.

Anyways, this is the boost gauge I am considering...

Autometer Z series...
2601_d.jpg

And the pyrometer I am considering...

2653_d.jpg

You can have all the number and stuff glow red at night, or just the needle red and the numbers green like the stock svt guage cluster.

Let me know what you guys think, and pictures would be appreciated if you went a similar route. :)

Oh, and one more question... for the pyrometer... they don't offer it in mechanical for this series of autometer guages. Will the electric pyrometer be accurate enough for F/I purposes? Or are almost all pyrometers electric?

Thanks,

Jeff

Just a FYI... this is the wideband I am getting. And these are the different bezels and guage faces that come with the AEM... this will give you an idea of what I am trying to match the other gauges to. I am probally going to be using the black face and black bezel.

afee.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have seen those guages before, but I was just never a huge fan of them. Maybe some more pics would help me get a better feel for that setup.

Anyways,

does anybody else have black faced guages!?!?! I want to see pics! :)

Thanks,

Jeff

I like my silver faced gauges..Everyone seems to have white faced..I got my gauge pod and gauges before i knew about CEG and when i got on here i noticed everyone has white etc.I personally like Auto-Meter products i wouldnt go with anything else IMO.

I like my silver faced gauges..Everyone seems to have white faced..I got my gauge pod and gauges before i knew about CEG and when i got on here i noticed everyone has white etc.I personally like Auto-Meter products i wouldnt go with anything else IMO.

Hmm... I didn't even notice that yours are silver. The lighting makes them still look white. Got any other pics? maybe night pics?

Thanks.

Hmm... I didn't even notice that yours are silver. The lighting makes them still look white. Got any other pics? maybe night pics?

Thanks.

Yep heres some others.You see them 10X's better at night its just my digital camara sucks..The A/F gauge is now in the coin holder and i put a Oil Pressure gauge in there.It was kinda dark but at night they look nice..They stick out nicely like any gauge cluster would..I just didnt wanna match my dash gauges..Well i dont actually since i put Indiglo gauges in there heres a pic of them.
Picture700.jpg

Picture701.jpg

Why would we want to clash with the instrument cluster?

Exactly! I like to make it look like it at least came from the factory that way. Everything has to flow. Having white face gauges and then black face gauge pod gauges just do not go together. Unless, you have carbon fiber or black face guages, I personally dont think it looks good.

I personally didnt like the look of the White faced autometer gauges..I want indiglo i think to match my gauges on my dash...But that just more money i dont have..

/\
ditto

All pyrometers are electric. They use a probe for temp. Mechanical is for fluid or pressure.

I personally didnt like the look of the White faced autometer gauges..I want indiglo i think to match my gauges on my dash...But that just more money i dont have..

Indiglos are white faced. Thats what im running (Lunar Series) to match my Indiglo gauge cluster. White during the day, indiglo green at night.

Yeah i know that..I actually have mine wired into my Ignition system they come on when the keys on but i just dim them down during the day,Dont ask i was to lazy to wire into the headlight switch..I kinda like the way there sit now white lights at night..Ive never had a bad comment yet..

That is true...
Jeff, i think that the white faces would look just fine...especially considering how well it would match.

I agree that white will look fine in a Midnight blue gauge pod, especially after seeing yours Ben... and I guess I will go with the autometer phantom series like everybody else! :).... I guess I just don't like the fact that they are "around the dial" lighting. Maybe they are better at night than I am pictureing.

5776_d.jpg

Back