• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Winter storm

95kobrah

New CEG'er
Well, we got the "ice" part of the big winter storm that moved through last night... the 'tour felt the wrath and is now a complete block of ice.... i havent even begun to attempt to free her from her icy tomb... im ready for spring!!!!!!

CONTOURfroze.jpg

You should paint your grille ring. :laugh:

Damn it, I really miss my black E0.

In the spring (when i can drive the mustang and park the 'tour for a bit, im going to paint the grille ring, do the headlight mod, paint the rear bumber and trunk lid (hopefully), finish my audio system install, and see about finding some svt focus wheels... but we'll see how the money flow is at that time!

That's not even 1/4 as bad as the ice in Somerville last week. We got ~5" of snow and then it started to rain on top of the snow all night, then got cold and the thick slush froze completely. I was lucky that I cleared off the snow before it froze so my car was fine except it was stuck in several inches of ice.

Lucky for me the SVT is in the garage. Unlucky for me It has the 18's on it. I wonder how long this crap is gonna stay on the ground?

Well, we got the "ice" part of the big winter storm that moved through last night... the 'tour felt the wrath and is now a complete block of ice.... i havent even begun to attempt to free her from her icy tomb... im ready for spring!!!!!!

CONTOURfroze.jpg

...Who did your clearcoat?

I am home in Saginaw for my winter break. WE really havent gotten pelted yet, and I dont expect we will, just a little snow on the ground.

In all seriousness though, is your black doing that too? When I had mine, the car was covered in it.

In all seriousness, the paint on my car is, in my opinion (and im a perfectionist), is deplorable... not alot of real orange peel, but it seems the previous owner(s) did not believe in washing or waxing. The whole car has major blemishes, i desperately want to paint my trunk, rear bumper, side skirts, and possibly the front doors because they are all rock-chipped right behind the front wheels. The front and rear wheels have the sliver paint chipping off. I'm pretty sure the car was in a front end collision because the front bumper and hood had excellent paint, and the headlights are spanking new, but nothing showed up in a carfax. I hate having a pretty nice car that only looks nice from 10 feet away.

Some dude just turned on to my street and hit the telephone pole. I was calibrating my navigation when it happened :)

we got about 6 inches yesterday and then another 10-12 inches over the night... you cant even see anyones mailboxes around here.... I dont think I ever remember this much snow ever in Wisconsin...

its super wet and heavy too... I think we are supposed to get more today as well.. *cry*

Back