• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the prices out for the kits and they are as follows. It looks like I cannot get the piece (or might have a limited supply of them) that clips into the stock harness for the lighted switch because it is discontinued so now if you want the lighted switch you just have to drill a small hole in the stock harness, but that is not that big of a deal.

Here are the options:

1) Lighted switch, d79 connector if I can get them, auto open AND auto close = $39 plus shipping
2) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open only = $26 plus shipping
3) Lighted switch, auto open AND auto close = $32 plus shipping
4) Lighted switch, auto open ONLY= $19 plus shipping
5) auto open AND auto close = $29 plus shipping
6) auto open ONLY = $16 plus shipping

The prices are adjusted appropriately depending on what parts you will need to satisfy the kit.

Please specify which option you would like.

**If you would like me to install this for you for some reason and have the connections soldered in instead of using quick splices, you can ship me your sunroof motor both ways and pay $10 for labor if you choose to** I don't think anyone would do this, but the offer is on the table

Last edited:
boumacj: auto open AND auto close (go easy on the shipping, no ebay shipping price please) Zip is 49525

Whatever shipping costs is what I'll charge. Don't worry about getting overcharged. As soon as I get all this in order with who wants what I am going to start piecing it all together. Looks like I can begin the work around the 7th of may because that is when I get done with all my finals and such with school.

1. imurdaddytoosport (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
2. j0stev01
3. Brent 372 (interested)
4. Harrry
5. boumacj (no lighted switch, auto open, auto close)
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir
10. contourSVT99 (open AND close if possible, interested in price)
11. Gorman (no lighted switch)
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (express open and close)

Whatever shipping costs is what I'll charge. Don't worry about getting overcharged. As soon as I get all this in order with who wants what I am going to start piecing it all together. Looks like I can begin the work around the 7th of may because that is when I get done with all my finals and such with school.

Good man, thanks!

you can stick mine in a jiffy bag when yer ready..
icon14.gif
. PM'ed details ..thanks ..G.

What is the D79?
Are you going to SZ?

No I'm not going to be at SZ. The difference between the stock button and the new lighted switch is there is another prong. In order to get power to that you either have to drill a hole in the stock harness (that the switch plugs into) to get the power to the new prong OR you can just add a new wire to the stock harness (the d79 connector) so you don't have to drill through the stock harness.

OK... Still confused.
but eithher way, I would like auto-open and auto-close. Will venting still work with the new relays installed?

1.jpg

this is the connector.

2.jpg

this is the stock harness. as you can see there are only five wires coming out of it; however, the new switch has six...

Image0001-1.jpg

You need to get a power wire to that spade somehow so what you do is put the d79 into the stock harness like so...

3.jpg

this is the closest to plug and play you can get, otherwise you drill a hole and connect a new wire

1. imurdaddytoosport (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
9. Starjammir (lighted switch, d79 if possible, auto open and auto close)
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning

OK... Still confused.
but eithher way, I would like auto-open and auto-close. Will venting still work with the new relays installed?

your stock moonroof switch will not light up. its missing the extra prong. you need a new switch with the extra prong like your passenger door window switch has. the d79 connector can be ordered from ford if they still carry them and pop right into the extra prong of the new switch. makes it easier to find the switch at nite and to hit the right direction that u want, expecially when your front passenger is searching for the button and ends up turning your overhead lights on instead.

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
15. SVTGT350 (Lighted switch, auto open AND auto close)

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
10. contourSVT99 (lighted switch, d79, auto open AND auto close )
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
14. dlphnfn (auto open AND auto close)

I already have a lit switch, so I'll take: auto open AND auto close = $29 plus shipping - that'll work, right?
Erick --

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
16. Chas (no switch, auto open AND auto close)

2. j0stev01
4. Harrry
6. OB1
7. Philly
8. PurdySVT
12. todras
13.WHT02Lightning
16. Chas (no switch, auto open AND auto close)
17. Sleepr - option 1 (full meal deal)

now that everyone's getting the relays required, is anyone going to figure out how to get the moonroof to close with the central locking/alarm keyfob system ? All it takes is a pulse to the close relay.. doesn't it ? ....G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back