• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6th Fall Dragon Run Info

FWIW, the EPA has my car rated at 36 mpg freeway and I get anywhere from 36-39 mpg there and 32 with mixed driving:cool:

I love our posts in the way its about one thing and it turns into another:laugh:

FWIW, the EPA has my car rated at 36 mpg freeway and I get anywhere from 36-39 mpg there and 32 with mixed driving:cool:

I love our posts in the way its about one thing and it turns into another:laugh:

Oh yeah, you can def get more than the EPA says, but I'd rather get more than the 30 for the Cobalt than more than the 25 for the MS3.

Hector at 70 mph in 6th gear what RPM are you at?

Oh yeah, you can def get more than the EPA says, but I'd rather get more than the 30 for the Cobalt than more than the 25 for the MS3.

Hector at 70 mph in 6th gear what RPM are you at?
I will check that tomorrow...for the life of me I can't remember.:blackeye:

Hey Pete, why not make the 620+ mile drive down to the Dragon to check the "real" mileage:shrug:, sounds like a win, win to me!

BTW, is anyone else interested in going, I know some others expressed interest in going last year.

Yessir. I am still indecisive over the Dragon because I have a big Q4 project coming up and it will throw a wrench in any plans I make for October.

n2306597_47984526_7899.jpg

Congrats on the new ride Pete and if you get a chance, come on by my work with that car, my boss is blown away that they actually have that car with that much hp/torque. He really doesn't pay too much attention to domestics:shrug:

As far as the Dragon goes, I really hope you can make it out. The drive down there will break the car in and then you can really "break the car in!":laugh:

Congrats on the new ride Pete and if you get a chance, come on by my work with that car, my boss is blown away that they actually have that car with that much hp/torque. He really doesn't pay too much attention to domestics:shrug:

As far as the Dragon goes, I really hope you can make it out. The drive down there will break the car in and then you can really "break the car in!":laugh:

What time? I love to rep the GM nameplate. :laugh:

Just about anytime is fine, he's love to take that car out for a ride more than likely. BTW, he's an experienced track driver fwiw:shrug:

Now...anyone else wanna go this year:confused:

I have been throwing around the idea of showing up down there for this. I am not going on the trip I planned becuase I no longer have a bike. Let me see what i can do not promising anything. As my trip to Utah over thanksgiving to ski was expensive.

I have been throwing around the idea of showing up down there for this. I am not going on the trip I planned becuase I no longer have a bike. Let me see what i can do not promising anything. As my trip to Utah over thanksgiving to ski was expensive.

Sorry about your other plans Steeda, but I hope you make it down there and make in your car. BTW, I may need someone to ride down there with me, maybe:shrug:

Since its three weeks and one day away I thought I'd keep this up for you guys, Steeda, you going:shrug: There's time for a couple more of you guys to go and I'm sure there's a cabin or two available!

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being pushy, but for this event, the more the merrier and besides, plans are in the works for next year where we are adding the usual Dragon run as well as the Devil's Triangle (see the link for that road over in our Southeastern forum:cool:) This way, if you go, you get a taste of the Dragon and then next year, really go to Hell!!!

Finally did it!

Finally did it!

...A big welcome to Pete and his 09' Cobalt SS to the Dragon Slayers club, welcome aboard Pete! There's still time for a couple more of you guys, its 13 days away:cool:

Xchang, Myself, and 4 others (not on the forums to my knowledge) just got back last night. Weather was OK, but got rainy in the mountains above about 3-4k'. The pass from Caney creek to Robbinsville, the Cherohala skyway, gets dark pretty early, so plan to be out of the dragon by 4-5 if you want to avoid most of the darkness. Gas was available at the Onoco (?sp?) station in Tellico Plains, but there are stations to the S, W, and E that are out sporadically as of this past weekend. Robbinsville has gas at multiple stations if I remember correct, as well as the deals gap resort (basically the meeting place at the s end of the dragon).

I had to run to Atlanta for work, and gas was hard to come by down there. you'll notice it as you go south on 129. with cars you guys should have no problem, our bikes only go 150-200 miles per tank. 129 is pretty nice south of the dragon area, which is overpopulated anyway. In Georgia, 129 is AWESOME in the Chattahoochee nat'l forest, south of Blairsville. I suggest going there, then heading back up Georgia route 60 to the NW. Todras and I did that a few years ago, and he almost got sick in my Z. That would be a recommended route, just fill up with gas in Robbinsville to be safe.

Police presence was light in my opinion. Visit tailofthedragon.com for (sometimes) more updated info when you guys get down there.

Roger, the water at the village sticks with sulfur really bad. When you get there, just let the shower run for a while. it was fine after a day or so, not sure why, but it was.

You'll see photographers that offer pics online for purchase. As far as I know, here's the list of current providers:

Killboy.com
US129photos.com
US129pics.com
ZeeFoto.com (check spelling)
Moonshine photography (google it for the website).

Enjoy! I don't come on here much, but if i can answer a question I will.

Back