• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/4 mile times SRT-4

to 64.2MPH at 7000RPM with the zetec. :p :laugh::D:D:D

What did I say? 70mph? When boosting with my 3L the thing screamed up so quick that when I hit the clutch at redline to grab 3rd gear I would glance down and always see 70mph. Contributing factors are my speedo could be a few off (not uncommon at all) and also the car keeps accelerating for a second or two without even grabbing 3rd gear. You guys know what I meant. :crazy: 64.2 is darn close to 70mph, close enough for just the speedo to be off by that little. :) I am sorry to whoever called B.S. on me, but I know my speedo read over 70mph before I even grabbed 3rd in my 3LT. And I did have 235/45/17's so that means I was going even faster than 235/40/17's or the equivalent. :p I wanted more rubber between my expensive rims and the road. :laugh:

Last edited:
I know ATX's are different, but I have gotten over 60 mph in 2nd gear :cool:. I should check more carefully next time to see how high it'll go :laugh:

I know ATX's are different, but I have gotten over 60 mph in 2nd gear :cool: :laugh:

Yes they are different, very different. lol.

I just was defending myself after having a bs flag raised on me when all I was saying was that my car hit 70mph in second gear. That is what my speedo reads before I even grab third gear. I'll borrow back my old car and prove it to anyone. :p

Yes they are different, very different. lol.

I just was defending myself after having a bs flag raised on me when all I was saying was that my car hit 70mph in second gear. That is what my speedo reads before I even grab third gear. I'll borrow back my old car and prove it to anyone. :p
I want video footage :D:D:D

a bunch of ppl. the svt cams allow u to do that, remember?
edit- didnt get u the first time :). i do shift before then. i dunno. i guess after blowing up a motor, u get sorta extra careful.

True.... I've blown one up and tend to not go as high anymore :laugh: still fun occasionally to wind it up though :)

I shift before then. My car doesn't let me go any higher.....stupid stock rev limiter.

I used to repeatedly run it up to 7250 when at the track (2.5) :cool:

my car would see redline everyday and it lasted for 22k+ miles before it blew up, and it only blew up because i was a dumb*** and got lazy with checking the oil level.

checking oil regularly-free
oil change for svt-$35
becominging lazy, not checking your oil, blowing your engine, and spending a crap load of money.............priceless :help:

p.s. don't srt4's leak oil from the turbo and intercooler?

Last edited:
Back