• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not the easiest install ever

Hell Ya, you could have an ear piercing sounstage unheard of before with your amp's and pre'amp'd setup!

once again... using the Queen's english this time.... :help:

Now I really think youre dorky.

Well excuse me for not being able to understand the jibberish you typed. So, instead of jumping on you and calling you names because I could not decipher what you were trying to say (and I am pretty good at figuring stuff like that out, most of the time) I simply tried to ask you to repeat yourself in a more complete and comprehensive manner so I could understand where you were coming from. :blackeye: :shrug:

Sheesh. Some people are so sensitive. :rolleyes:

"Hell Ya, you could have an ear piercing sounstage unheard of before with your amp's and pre'amp'd setup!"

Who in the world (besides some ghetto kid in NY) would use their deck power and amp power....it was a joke foolio..

Obviously you arent good at comprehending a joke. (Or making one either) Queens english???? uhhhhh.....ooookkkaaaayyyy.

Just keep on doin what you do best sounqQ.......like uhhh, making me ask more questions than you give answers.

Oh btw, if you haven't noticed yet, I thought I'd tell ya........I just post wierd shiiit like this to piss you off. (im sure Im not he first, or last to do this to ya) lol.

I still luv ya tho. Muah.

Last edited:
I can see in the near future this Fordsvt98 clown is gonna be banned!

Just posting nonsense then ripping on Vets LOL congrats!

This really is one of my favorite threads of all time. I have never seen anyone act like a bigger idiot on this site (well besides the guy who posted the 130 mph ticket). Geez SoundQ, you should be ashamed of yourself. :) LOL!!!! Just messing with ya

Im sayin....like almost gangin up on me and stuff just about every thread I post in LOL! Thanks for the Honerable mention steeda ......Why don't you mess up my sig again. And my posts. Noobs.

So, instead of jumping on you and calling you names because I could not decipher what you were trying to say , I simply tried to ask you to repeat yourself in a more complete and comprehensive manner Sheesh. Some people are so sensitive. :rolleyes:

Yeah thats a good start.

I simply tried to ask you to repeat yourself in a more complete and comprehensive manner Sheesh:

Im sorry dude, but "Queen's English" I mean, is that how you ask "What do you mean" cause I never heard that expression in my life before.

Like I said .....it was a kinda a good joke, probly give it 2 on the funny scale.

Hell Ya, you could have an ear piercing sounstage unheard of before with your amp's and pre'amp'd setup! <----- joke on a 2 scale. (out of 5) lol.

It seems with all your knowledge at hand, you come in this dude's thread to poke at me, I think I deserve an apology.

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you cupcake but I don't have the ability to change your sig. And we gang up on you becuse you come on here telling people what is what.

Lets get this out of the way. FORDSVT98 what are your credentials in the Mobile electronics world? Circuit city installer?

what are your credentials in the Mobile electronics world? Circuit city installer?

Careful there Steeda. I have friends in that category that are indeed quite knowledgable. Are they the exception? Perhaps. But they are in that category none the less.

First off, Squirrel, I'm sorry for adding off topic stuff to your original post... Please forgive me.

Hate to break it to you cupcake but I don't have the ability to change your sig. And we gang up on you because you come on here telling people what is what.

Lets get this out of the way. FORDSVT98 what are your credentials in the Mobile electronics world? Circuit city installer?

ROFL!!!! Steeda.... words can't describe how funny I find that statement :)

I don't wish to pass judgment on all installers from different businesses, but the CC around here sucks, and they try to trick people into buying more stuff from what I've seen, which I've seen multiple times when they come from their store to ours (BB). Either it's that or they just don't know what they're doing (I'd like to assume that they just didn't know how to do their install properly, and weren't trying to be shady). One incident they didn't put in the audio fuse, and told the customer they needed a new radio or something. The other one was an infinity system that they didn't hook up the amp ground, and told the person that they needed new speakers... I've kind of always wondered as well, do the installers at CC work on commission like the rest of the store or not?

My Experiences:

Well here is my car audio installation experience. I guess we could start with computers, that is mainly what I'm going to school for, but when I was in grade school and high school, having a bumping system was the thing. Just began with checking out my cousins systems, and other people's stuff. Gained more and more interest, got my own system. First install I did was on my mom's 96 taurus which I made a custom carpeted box for the HU that fit over the hump in the front on the floor, ran wire for speakers to the trunk, and hooked up a sub, had a pretty bumping system for awhile. Then I started at Best Buy in the warehouse, moved up to Mobil Install, and have I become the #2 installer at our store. Won't pass #1 because he has 14 years of install and custom shops experience. So that is my install experience, Best Buy Mobile Electronics and my own experiences leading up to Best Buy. Hanging out with car audio enthusiasts, etc, etc. I'm sure some people don't agree with the business I work for as well, just as I don't approve of the CC in Madison... Just my opinion, I did though see an installer over there yesterday that looked pretty competent and talked the talk, so maybe they got rid of someone that sucked... idk...

Peace!

First off, I would NEVER EVAR get my car done at any RETAIL LARGE CHAIN.....or anywhere for that matter. I am a pro. I must've installed over 15 installs of amps and speaker combo's. And when freinds go for advice, you really think buster at circuit city REALLY knows what the hell he's talkin bout??? NO. They come to yours truly. And my friend dont settle for second's hun. They come to me. Maybe the odd handful Ill give you that that works CC knows a lil sumthin but...not many...and IM POSITIVE you can side with me on that. . Im also a computer Builder PRO. spanning back to Ibm386's and 486dx..with 100 mgz CPU. .and apple II's. Up until now with Core2duo's and 4 gigs of memory.

I have exp in car audio spanning back to alpines 7900 series of cd players.

I was the first kid in my group of friends to actually own a Car CD player (were talkin almost laserdisc times here k.)

I have more chocolate cream puddin' under my belt than you can eat at Old Country Buffet.......

Believe me I know the diff between RMS and PEAK.

And if you want to educate me on these things that you knock me for, well, I don't believe for 1 single second that you even made an ATTEMPT at spewing ANY of your car audio knowledge. Instead you poke and press.

Seems that both of you guys are quik to knock someone, let them make a mistake and THEN stick your nose in and correct em.......

Not me, I give street knowledge on how it should be. If you say Caps are worthless, why then, when I flip open a car audio mag, and the first fricken photo I see are pics of Caps, AMps, and **** with a HOTT fiberglass Box with LCD's n shiit Don't spew out on me bro cause you think I don't know what the hell IM TALKIN BOUT, cause bro......I been there and dun that.

Im talkin wayyyyy back when I installed 6 cheap ass fosgate series ones bridged to my Phoenix Gold http://cgi.ebay.com/phoenix-Gold-au...3QQihZ010QQcategoryZ39732QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me just say this, I was into car audio before dual voice coils even hit the market too grandpa.

I know how to make an OHM drop, and RAISE.....so don't accuse me of not knowing what the hell I forgot, cause I'm a vet sweetie.

Last edited:
WOW you are indeed the pro, 15 installs LOL. I used to do 10 or more installs a day. With that post right there you have pretty much proved you know zero about car audio. 15 amp/sub combos makes you a pro?

How about being a MECP First Class installer, how about an associates degree in electronics, being #1 installer 4 months in a row, being able to do a Remote Start/alarm combo in a SVT in less than 45 mins.

Caps are a joke much like the info you post on CEG.

Lets see some of your work becuase I post mine all the time.

and WHOA WAIT!!! You can make a ohm drop and rise? Thats interesting. Its just the load that is sensed by the amp. Subwoofer wiring is childs play. I can teach my gf's gineypig to do that ****.

Please do us a favor. No children in your future becuase the earth can't take anymore idiots.

SoundQ, Carpepoon and I stick our nose in when people like you give out false info. I have answered and brought the CEG community soo many things its mind boggling.

I'm a vet, SoundQ's a vet, you're a novice at best twinkletoes

You know what, I think I'll be the bigger man and not get involved with your childish pursuit of happyness. So, If you still got somethin to say to all your "fans" out there you lil tool. You go right ahead. As I see it, YOU should be the one banned for your whimsical performance thus far. Thanks Cutie, another great day with Steeda & SoundQ.

WOW you are indeed the pro, 15 installs LOL. I used to do 10 or more installs a day. With that post right there you have pretty much proved you know zero about car audio. 15 amp/sub combos makes you a pro?

Ya know, I have a feeling no matter WHAT number I put up....you woulda still dissed. So its people like you that try so hard, only to come up short.

Last edited:
What are these freinds you speak of?

Well, if you must know...

One of them is the roadshop manager at a CC in the Chicago suburbs, and has been for a while. He competed against me in IASCA and SLAP SQ competitions plus was the SLAP event coordinator in this area for two years after I did it for 2 years. He was the SLAP National Champion in his show-n-shine class in 2002 when I won the SQ Class we were in. He did an install in a Toyota Armada on Circuit City's behalf that was on display at CES this past January. I think it was for Eclipse's booth, but I can't remember for sure.

The second one was an installer at the Peoria CC before he left mobile install to do home installs as an independent contractor. He also competed against me in IASCA, SLAP and most recently MECA. He won the National Championship in his Install class at MECA Finals last year.

The three of us were also the main judges in this area for SQ, Install, and SPL for IASCA and SLAP events.

The third friend is also at the Peoria CC and competes in SPL comps in IASCA, SLAP and MECA. He was the National Champion in his SPL class at the IASCA Finals a couple years ago and is always one of the top SPL performers at local comps. He was also an install judge for IASCA and SLAP competitions in the area.

All three of them know their stuff for doing installs, without question.

Back